ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: autohotkey makes cursor slide - i want mouse movement to halt the slide

<< < (2/4) > >>

nudone:
okay, this is working fine (almost). i just had to change the if statement to use % % and it started working.

i've been trying to add a bit of a buffer, or error margin, so that the loop doesn't break instantly when it detects mouse movement - i'm sure it will feel better if the cursor is allowed to move slightly off course as it slides.

but, my logic and autohotkey knowledge aren't up to the task (i've not included my OR statements here as they are obviously just completely wrong).

could anyone (Target) see how to add a mouse movement buffer or margin to the script  below?

--- Code: AutoIt ---Hotkey, #k,     MoveUpHotkey, ^!+k,   MoveUp          ; * to work with programmable mouse buttons (if winkey not accepted)Hotkey, ^!+j,   MoveDownHotkey, #j,     MoveDown        ; *Hotkey, #+j,    MoveLeftHotkey, ^!+h,   MoveLeft        ; *Hotkey, #+k,    MoveRightHotkey, ^!+l,   MoveRight       ; *     horizontalspeed=0                       ; 0 = fastest, 100 = slowestverticalspeed=0speedmultiplier=30                      ; cursor movement needs speeding up a bitrightscreenwidth=1920           ; width of monitorscreenheight=1200                       ; height of monitorreturn MoveUp:MouseGetPos, xpos, yposloop{    MouseGetPos, xpos_,        if xpos_ <> %xpos%                Break        ypos -= speedmultiplier        MouseMove, xpos, ypos, verticalspeed    if ypos = 0                Break}return MoveDown:MouseGetPos, xpos, yposloop{    MouseGetPos, xpos_,    if xpos_ <> %xpos%                Break        ypos += speedmultiplier        MouseMove, xpos, ypos, verticalspeed    if ypos = %screenheight%                Break}return MoveLeft:MouseGetPos, xpos, yposloop{    MouseGetPos, , ypos_    if ypos_ <> %ypos%                Break        xpos -= speedmultiplier        MouseMove, xpos, ypos, horizontalspeed    if xpos = 0                Break}return MoveRight:MouseGetPos, xpos, yposloop{    MouseGetPos, , ypos_    if ypos_ <> %ypos%                Break        xpos += speedmultiplier        MouseMove, xpos, ypos, horizontalspeed    if xpos = %rightscreenwidth%                Break}return

skwire:
Adjust the FudgeFactor variable to your liking:

--- Code: AutoIt ---Hotkey, #k,     MoveUpHotkey, ^!+k,   MoveUp          ; * to work with programmable mouse buttons (if winkey not accepted)Hotkey, ^!+j,   MoveDownHotkey, #j,     MoveDown        ; *Hotkey, #+j,    MoveLeftHotkey, ^!+h,   MoveLeft        ; *Hotkey, #+k,    MoveRightHotkey, ^!+l,   MoveRight       ; *     horizontalspeed=0                       ; 0 = fastest, 100 = slowestverticalspeed=0speedmultiplier=30                      ; cursor movement needs speeding up a bitrightscreenwidth=1920           ; width of monitorscreenheight=1200                       ; height of monitorFudgeFactor=50return MoveUp:MouseGetPos, xpos, yposloop{    MouseGetPos, xpos_,    If ( xpos_ < ( xpos - FudgeFactor ) OR ( xpos_ > ( xpos + FudgeFactor ) ) )                Break        ypos -= speedmultiplier        MouseMove, xpos, ypos, verticalspeed    if ypos = 0                Break}return MoveDown:MouseGetPos, xpos, yposloop{    MouseGetPos, xpos_,    If ( xpos_ < ( xpos - FudgeFactor ) OR ( xpos_ > ( xpos + FudgeFactor ) ) )                Break        ypos += speedmultiplier        MouseMove, xpos, ypos, verticalspeed    if ypos = %screenheight%                Break}return MoveLeft:MouseGetPos, xpos, yposloop{    MouseGetPos, , ypos_    If ( ypos_ < ( ypos - FudgeFactor ) OR ( ypos_ > ( ypos + FudgeFactor ) ) )                Break        xpos -= speedmultiplier        MouseMove, xpos, ypos, horizontalspeed    if xpos = 0                Break}return MoveRight:MouseGetPos, xpos, yposloop{    MouseGetPos, , ypos_    If ( ypos_ < ( ypos - FudgeFactor ) OR ( ypos_ > ( ypos + FudgeFactor ) ) )                Break        xpos += speedmultiplier        MouseMove, xpos, ypos, horizontalspeed    if xpos = %rightscreenwidth%                Break}return

nudone:
okay, that's great, skwire.

with FudgeFactor=10 and an added FudgeFactorHorizontal=2 (for horizontal cursor slides across the screen), it feels about right.

i'm happy with how things are now - but it would be a near perfect script if the cursor slide could "transition/merge" into the manual cursor movement when user moves the mouse. maybe that is expected way too much though as there could/would be times when the user wants to break the slide immediately - so a set transition would be annoying.

(p.s. i think my OR statement was missing a bracket as it looked about the same - that's reassuring that i wasn't totally out of my depth.)

Perry Mowbray:
i'm happy with how things are now - but it would be a near perfect script if the cursor slide could "transition/merge" into the manual cursor movement when user moves the mouse. maybe that is expected way too much though as there could/would be times when the user wants to break the slide immediately - so a set transition would be annoying.
-nudone (May 06, 2010, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you'd need to be careful that you don't end up chasing your cursor all around your monitors?

This just reminded me of an Amiga mouse hack the kids loved... a rocket was launched when the programme ran and chased the cursor; the user moved the cursor away from the rocket which then changed course and kept chasing... until it caught up with the cursor and it exploded and the cursor disappeared: just long enough for you to wonder what you were going to do without a cursor (the first time anyway).

nudone:
I think you'd need to be careful that you don't end up chasing your cursor all around your monitors?
-Perry Mowbray (May 06, 2010, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
good point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version