ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Hard drive Cleaning, which one you use?

(1/5) > >>

ha14:
More we use windows with the regular exercise of instal/uninstal and more we leave traces of junk files and temp folder, it is known unless to be an expert that really to clean hard drive is a mathematical problem. So there are alot of soft as freewares and sharewares to help the cleaning. My question is that what to do to really to certify that hard drive cleaning went well and no junk/temp files are left. So which soft do you recommend and how to adjust filters?

sajman99:
For basic Windows file and registry (MRUs only) cleaning, I prefer Nirsoft's CleanAfterMe--tiny, simple, and portable.

Less frequenty I'll use CCleaner for a more thorough cleaning. Piriform keeps adding features, and you can get a portable version if you want.

rjbull:
I use Total Uninstall, but it sounds to me more like ha14 is asking for a tool that verifies that whatever uninstall system one has used has worked properly and temp directories etc. are clean.  And that's a question I hadn't thought of...  More like a directory tracker, system to compare before and after directory listings.

sajman99:
... it sounds to me more like ha14 is asking for a tool that verifies that whatever uninstall system one has used has worked properly and temp directories etc. are clean...
-rjbull (May 05, 2010, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, well sonofagun. ;) I thought he was asking about temp cleaning, junk files, history lists, etc.

Well, CCleaner can do a non-aggressive registry cleaning which removes leftover entries which uninstalls sometimes leave behind. See, I was on the right path all along...I think...maybe...kinda...sorta... :D

hpearce:
for general file cleanup, I use CCleaner as a first step and also Diskmax

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version