ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

One of my cats, Titch, passed away yesterday

<< < (4/6) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Things are getting easier (though there are still bad moments).

For example on Friday I was eating some fish and gave some to Crackers. Normally there is a scramble for such treats and Crackers looked very confused that she had a free run at it. Rather than eat the fish she wandered out to the bottom of the stairs and started a loud series of cries as if to say "come on Titch there's something nice to eat". It was truly pathetic and heart breaking. Since then she has been on my bed day and night - something she hasn't done for years.

tinjaw:
Carol,

My family will try to send some good cat karma your way today. Pudems, Chico, and Alaska felt the disturbance in the feline force the other day. Our condolences.

Carol Haynes:
Now her sister Crackers has gone to join Titch. Her kidneys were shot and last night she lost the ability to coordinate her back legs and so kept staggering and falling over. Even so she remained cheerful and affectionate to the last moment and ate a hearty breakfast (albeit semi prone with me feeding her). Enough was enough and the vet let go to the long rest in a very dignified manner.

She would have been 20 in May - seems very sad she missed that landmark birthday.

I am going to miss them both terribly and have had to start on the horrible task of clearing away kitty clutter from the house.

I will have cats again in the future but I am going to leave it a while so that I can travel without worrying about kittens trashing the place while I am away.

It did strike me as a lovely way for life to end - no pain and suffering just go to sleep. Its a shame that it is illegal to help humans but also illegal NOT to help pets in the way in the UK.

cranioscopical:
It's always sad when we lose an animal. We set ourselves up for some heartbreak when we start out.
After a respectful period of common sense you'll begin again.

Birthdays have only the signifcance that we attach to them. 
Twenty years was a good long life; Crackers was especially fortunate to be in an ideal home.

Stoic Joker:
Its a shame that it is illegal to help humans but also illegal NOT to help pets in the way in the UK.
-Carol Haynes (February 11, 2011, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here in the US - But being humane to each-other is (i guess) too much to ask of our species...

Sorry for your loss. My wife is taking one of our dogs (17yr old Boston Terrier) to the vet today to discuss his current "quality-of-life".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version