ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Process Tamer and Process Lasso

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
Process Tamer 在 单核电脑使用很好 Process Lasso 资源占用就不太好。经常有卡死现象。多核心电脑 Process Lasso  就优异一些。
-legendcvb (August 08, 2010, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fried babelfish translation:

Process Tamer well in single-core computing resource usage Process Lasso is not good. Phenomenon often stuck. Process Lasso on multi-core computers of some merit.
--- End quote ---

I think he is trying to say that Process Tamer is better for a single core, and Process Lasso is better for a multi-core.

cyberdiva:
I think he is trying to say that Process Tamer is better for a single core, and Process Lasso is better for a multi-core.
-app103 (August 08, 2010, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
That may be what legendcvb is saying, but the Process Lasso website seems to suggest that Process Lasso is especially effective on less powerful computers: "Process Lasso is very useful and effective on even the latest high-end PCs. However, its ProBalance algorithm achieves maximum effect on PCs with relatively little CPU 'power', such as Netbooks, Tablets, and older desktops."

app103:
-app103 (August 08, 2010, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
That may be what legendcvb is saying, but the Process Lasso website seems to suggest that Process Lasso is especially effective on less powerful computers: "Process Lasso is very useful and effective on even the latest high-end PCs. However, its ProBalance algorithm achieves maximum effect on PCs with relatively little CPU 'power', such as Netbooks, Tablets, and older desktops."
-cyberdiva (August 08, 2010, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know what it says, and it could also be said of Process Tamer. But that statement from the Process Lasso website doesn't compare the 2 of them in use. What legendcvb said could still very well be true.

Unfortunately, I can't evaluate either one of them on my older lower CPU power machine and make my own comparison, since neither of them will run on it. (WinME not supported).

robin0479:
I have tried both applications and as said on above, PROCESS TAMER is more narrowly focused on what it should be doing as a process manager.

So if you want to try the freeware of a great process manager, Try process tamer.
But if you want to buy the pro licence of process lasso, it's much better. Because process lasso pro offers more utilities.  :Thmbsup:  ;)

mouser:
Appreciate the vote of confidence.. Just to head off a contentious thread before it starts -- it's safe to say different people have different needs -- try them both for yourself and stick with the one that is best for your needs.  Let's leave it at that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version