ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

How to use pskill with farr

(1/6) > >>

putnum:
Hello I am trying to figure out how to use pskill with FARR. I am wanting a alias to capture the computer name from the clipboard AND allow me to type the process name at the end. How can I set this up??

ewemoa:
Looking at a Windows Sysinternals PsKill page, I guess you want to end up with an alias that gets filled in to look like:

pskill \\SomeComputer SomeProcess.exe

I had difficulty with this [1], but the following seems to work.

In the Edit Group Alias dialog box:

Alias Trigger Text: pskill
  Regular Expression Pattern: ^pskill (.*)
  Result(s): pskill \\%cliptext% $$1

Does it work for you?

References

* Using Clipboard Tricks: %clipboard%, $c, $cc
* Special/Virtual Launch Strings/Commands: copyclip STRING_TO_COPY - copies text into clipboard
* Although it's a plugin section, in Commands Callable by Plugins: clipboard - set internal clipboard text (referred to by $$c or %cliptext%)
* nitrix-ud's [tip] paste command + %cliptext% topic
May be taichimaster's ProcessKill plugin works only for local processes?

[1] I didn't have success getting %clipboard% to work though %cliptext% seemed to.

Update: Added nitrix-ud's topic to list of references.

skajfes:
[1] I didn't have success getting %clipboard% to work though %cliptext% seemed to.
-ewemoa (May 04, 2010, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Neither did I. Mouser, could you update the documentation?

mouser:
yes, thanks for the report, will change.

putnum:
hmm this is not working for me. The cliptext seems to be getting the computer name from the clipboard but when i go and type the process name the search string goes away and i cannot start pskill ??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version