topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:16 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Fx Software - Assistive Software - Freeware to aid (visually and other) impaired  (Read 6025 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This site has been mentioned on donation coder several times and was featured today on the excellent ShellCity site.  Very little info there about the author of the software, but the programs are all free, and donations are requested.

There are several dozen small utilities there that aid using windows in various ways for those with visual impairments and other issues.  Some useful tools.

from http://shellcity.net

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks, some very useful software.
Impaired or not, some of these are needed.
I like the magnifier and a couple others.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
this is a very good site with plenty of useful tools. the author even contributed to DC's coding snack request some time ago - Virtual Flashlight.

1NR1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Great site and an impressive amount of work from a programmer who seems modest in approach. In my experience that kind of approach seems common with those who work for assisting.

Also the magnifier, as mentioned by cmpm might be very useful for graphics types, particularly when viewing parts of vector illustrations.

Cheers!
NR

"My horse's jockey was hitting the horse. The horse turns around and says "Why are you hitting me, there is nobody behind us!" (Dangerfield)