topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 8:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mechwarrior 4 is now FREE!  (Read 5720 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mechwarrior 4 is now FREE!
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:26 AM »
the free release of Mechwarrior 4 is available since Friday (April 30th). the game's immense popularity has caused a server melt-down by gamers eager to get their hands on the free edition. so you may have to wait for a while. :)

"Studio MekTek, in association with Smith and Tinker, INC., Virtual World Entertainment, LLC, Catalyst Game Labs, and Microsoft Games, is happy to announce the release of Mechwarrior4 Free.

Getting started is easy. Just download and install MTX, MekTek's free content delivery and updating system. Once installed, simply click the Games Available tab, select Mechwarrior4: Mercenaries and click install. The game will download and install, all within MTX, and as updates become available, MTX will help you keep your game up to date.

Once again, a big thanks to Microsoft Games and all of our partners for making this free release possible, and a special thanks to all of you in the community. Without our community, MekTek wouldn't be what it is today. Your continued support and financial contributions have made all of this possible. "
-website

MW4 Page: http://www.mektek.net/projects/mw4/
Source: http://www.neoseeker...ree-release-out-now/

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mechwarrior 4 is now FREE!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:00 AM »
@lanux128: Thanks, but I wish you hadn't posted that information. (Sigh!)
Procrastination, here I come...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:02 AM by IainB »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 06:32 AM »
@lanux128:[/b] Thanks, but I wish you hadn't posted that information. (Sigh!)

yes, i posted it with a heavy heart.. :)

on another note, the download servers are up again.

3of0

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 01:25 PM »
Must get achievements for Children's week in WoW...  Then Mechwarrior 4...  :stars:

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 04:21 AM »
I remember playing Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries years ago. It didn't run well on my slow PC back then. I do remember liking it though.

Too bad this download requires MTX. They should just add Steamworks support and put it up on Steam.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:12 AM »
It looks way too dated for me. And playing it on 3GHz Dual Core with NVidia 9500 cards  (on XP) was not as smooth as expected, especially with the low quality graphics.

And where are the tactics gone?, Looks like a mech that is equipped with long range weapons is hardly useful as your CPU teammates just go and swarm the enemy. To me it is too much simplified.

Lets hope that the Mech mod for Crysis is a lot better in this regards as well (it beats the graphics from MW4 by a long shot).