ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

could two numeric keypads work at the same time

<< < (8/17) > >>

nudone:
well, what can i say. that sidewinder x6 keyboard looks absolutely fantastic. it even has illuminated keys!  :) :) :)

i'm so glad i'd not already ordered a different keyboard (though i have ordered a cheap numeric key pad - i can try the autohotkey dual numeric keys trick though).

thank you, Target, you are my hero of the month (i would never have found that keyboard otherwise).

i'm going to have a quick read to see if i've missed something bad about it - then i'm hitting the buy button.

nudone:
i'm off to collect the sidewinder keyboard from a store a few miles away. i'm so excited.

interestingly - if i'd just walked into the store (PC World) without reserving the keyboard first, i'd have to pay £70.

making the reservation means i get the item for the online price £40. that is crazy.

moral of that story: if you are in the UK, don't ever buy anything from a PC World store without phoning them up and trying to reserve it first.

edit:
just seen the keyboard on ebay for £20 (including postage) so i've ordered it. it's missing a game function key on the top row - no problem.

this is the keyboard. i'm undecided about the cursor keys still being stuck on the right. being able to move them to the left also would have been nice - but i suppose it's enough to just make a bit of room by removing the numeric keys (and at only £20 i can't really complain if i don't like it).

Perry Mowbray:
Can you let us know if the keypad can go anywhere, or is it attached either to the left or right?

nudone:
will do, Perry. i've not seen any cables in the photos so i'm assuming it requires being attached - but you never know.

skwire:
It has a switchable keypad: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=102&active_tab=systemRequirements

Click the Details tab if the link doesn't bring you there directly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version