ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

could two numeric keypads work at the same time

<< < (7/17) > >>

nudone:
hmm, sounds like a good product - if you use windows xp. lots of complaints about missing drivers for vista/7.

so, that's another one to cross off of the list.

mouser:
lots of complaints about missing drivers for vista/7.
--- End quote ---

i looked around and i think there seems to be good working win7 drivers now, coded by a 3rd party. See http://www.ergodex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3181

nudone:
interesting. that's good to know then. i'll put it back on the list - but i think it's more useful for someone that wants to lay their hand over a set of keys and keep them there, i.e. whilst playing a game. it does look like a nice tool though - maybe with more keys, it could be the ultimate keyboard.

mouser:
i wouldnt try to use it as a replacement for normal keyboard for sure -- i think it's useful as an additional set of keys for people who like to have lots of customizable extra keys.

Target:
here's a couple of other reasonably (?) priced suggestions

the MS sidewinder X6 is promoted as a gaming keyboard, though I don't see why it wouldn't be suitable for your requirements (seems to offer plenty of options for customisation).  Big bonus with this one is that the numpad is detachable and can be clipped to either end of the keyboard so you could retain the numpad AND add a second device if the builtin options aren't enough

and logitech have a cordless numpad (see here - worth noting that my supplier of choice has these at half the price quoted on that page)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version