ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

could two numeric keypads work at the same time

<< < (4/17) > >>

nudone:
hmm, maybe. are you recommending the pad on price or because it's better than the newer pads, Innuendo?

the belkin pad is rather like all of the other gamer pads though (from what i can see) - and they just don't seem like the perfect solution. or, they might be perfect - without having one next to me i can't really imagine if they are better than a numeric keypad.

the logitech g11's programmable keys just seem to be in the right place, with a nice layout - three lots of 3 x 2 keys (18 keys in all and 3 modes, giving 54 programmable keys) - and bang next to the the standard keys. i love all that but i hate how logitech have designed the keyboard so that its edge extends beyond anything sensible.

i know i'm being ridiculous about wanting the perfect setup - but it's become a war against this stupid keyboard now. it could have been brilliant. later today i will attempt a disassemble. i'm wound up about it now.

cranioscopical:
I'm thinking we need to see some pictures of your various setups so we know what we're dealing with here.  =]
-skwire (May 04, 2010, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
The name of the asylum would be helpful, as well.  ;D

nudone:
hahaha. i was hoping no one would make that connection.

nudone:
this is what i currently have (see image below). if i can cut the keyboard down the red lines then i'll be happy (if the keys on the left hand side keep working). then i'll buy a numeric keypad for £10 and keep it on the left of the main keyboard (or maybe just showed up out of the way on the right).

i touch type so i want to keep the main keys positioned correctly under my fingers PLUS, i use lots of shortcut/hotkeys in Photoshop, etc. so ctrl, alt, shift are used all the time - the programmable keys have functions on them that change depending on which program has focus - these are used a lot with Photoshop, etc. so it's nice that they are so close to the standard ctrl, alt, shift keys. in other words - this is perfect for my requirements; the left side of the keyboard fits under my left hand with all the right functions immediately accessible.

whereas, the right-hand-side is awful and i hate whoever designed it (both keyboard and mouse are by logitech so you'd expect someone to have realised they got in the way of each other).

plussss. this keyboard has illuminated keys. which i find useful if i ever need to look at the keyboard when i'm in my cave.

mouser:
perhaps someone who knows what a keyboard tends to look like inside can advise you as to the probability that you can cut that off and have the keyboard still work.  based on my rudimentary observations i'd guess your chances of success are somewhere in the 0 range. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version