ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a "last accessed - with date" application

(1/3) > >>

joiwind:
I'm sure this exists, in fact I could quite well have it already but I'm looking for an app that lists all my exe's in order of last access date. If I do already have it then I've forgotten what it's called (and haven't used it in quite a while) which is why I'm looking for such an app.
I wanted to get on with the usual Spring clean and erase stuff that I've downloaded, tested and then forgotten about and it seems that if I can list all those apps that I haven't used or opened since say 6 months or even a year then the Spring cleaning will be a lot easier.

Any ideas or comments please ?

Innuendo:
Most file managers provide the functionality you are looking for.

I'll take this opportunity to plug my fave, Total Commander.

cyberdiva:
I wanted to get on with the usual Spring clean and erase stuff that I've downloaded, tested and then forgotten about-joiwind (May 02, 2010, 08:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
The freeware Belarc Advisor lists every software program on your computer and puts a little icon next to it that indicates how long it's been since you last used it: a one-bar icon indicates used within the past 7 days, 2 bars is used within the past 90 days, 3 bars is within the past year, and 4 bars is more than a year ago.  If you put your mouse over the icon, it tells you exactly when you last used it.  I find it useful for identifying programs I've forgotten about.  

joiwind:
Thanks for the replies - still not quite what I'm looking for !

"an app that lists all my exe's in order of last access date"

I know that some file managers are supposed to be able to do that but quite often they really show the "last modified date".

Thanks anyway.

joiwind:
In fact ... just remembered this from Karen's KarenWare :Directory printer, you can choose which attribute to use including last accessed date.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version