Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 16, 2014, 02:05:39 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DONE: ALT key down visual indicator (for when alt key is stuck)  (Read 6389 times)
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 02, 2010, 07:09:47 AM »

i'm fighting my logitech mouse which likes annoying me by locking the ALT key down (i have alt + tab assigned to a mouse button and i suspect it doesn't release the alt key sometimes).

it would be helpful if i had some kind of warning, probably a tray icon, that indicated that the ALT key was held down (i could provide the icon for this, i'm thinking that a flashing red dot would be easy to identify).

i'm sure this is an autohotkey type problem so i appreciate that i could spend a few hours/days trying to figure it out - but i'm hoping one of you autohotkey masters will help out.

thanks.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 08:12:54 AM »

I only have this working with my left alt key, but how about something like:

Formatted for AutoIt with the GeSHI Syntax Highlighter [copy or print]
  1. ; icons adapted from:
  2. ;   Mark James
  3. ;   http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
  4. FileInstall, Up.ico, Up.ico
  5. FileInstall, Down.ico, Down.ico
  6. UpIconFileName = Up.ico
  7. DownIconFileName = Down.ico
  8. If GetKeyState("Alt")
  9. {
  10.  Menu, Tray, Icon, % DownIconFileName
  11. }
  12. {
  13.  Menu, Tray, Icon, % UpIconFileName
  14. }
  15. Loop
  16. {
  17.  KeyWait, Alt, D
  18.  Menu, Tray, Icon, % DownIconFileName
  19.  KeyWait, Alt, U
  20.  Menu, Tray, Icon, % UpIconFileName
  21. }

Edit: Here is a compiled version with icons.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:32:14 AM by ewemoa » Logged
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 08:43:20 AM »

perfect. i'd just finished adding some icons to the script when i saw the compiled version - so i've attached the icons i made to this post (maybe someone else will use them).

thanks, ewemoa. i'll send some DC credits later.

now i just need to see if i was right about my mouse messing with me.

* AltDownDisplay.zip (0.66 KB - downloaded 224 times.)
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 04:43:54 AM »

Hope it's been working for you and you've made progress on your mouse issue smiley

BTW, would you mind if I swapped in your icons and make those "official"?
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:48:44 AM »

Hope it's been working for you and you've made progress on your mouse issue smiley

BTW, would you mind if I swapped in your icons and make those "official"?
yeah no problem. mouse seems to be working fine at the moment so not needed the script so much - i'm glad it's there for when i need it though.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 06:07:06 AM »

Thanks!  I uploaded an updated version.
delwoode
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 05:11:22 AM »

could you make an adapted version for my problem  embarassed
I have used a couple of programs (since deleted) one was a calculator and it left the numlock down. this messed up my keys!  As i am on a laptop there is no light indicator so I didnt realize what the problem was. When I did realize I couldnt turn it off!  then I found out you have to press the Fn key and the numlock key together on a laptop.
a altered script that would alert me the numlock was on and offer to turn it off by pressing fn and numlock for you would be great. But would that be too hard for a laptop as maybe the scan codes vary for numlock? maybe a ini file where you could put in the scan codes for your pc?
skwire

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 10:17:27 AM »

As i am on a laptop there is no light indicator so I didnt realize what the problem was

You may find an app I developed, called kLED, useful:

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/wb/pages/software/kled.php

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.101s | Server load: 0.01 ]