ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: ALT key down visual indicator (for when alt key is stuck)

(1/2) > >>

nudone:
i'm fighting my logitech mouse which likes annoying me by locking the ALT key down (i have alt + tab assigned to a mouse button and i suspect it doesn't release the alt key sometimes).

it would be helpful if i had some kind of warning, probably a tray icon, that indicated that the ALT key was held down (i could provide the icon for this, i'm thinking that a flashing red dot would be easy to identify).

i'm sure this is an autohotkey type problem so i appreciate that i could spend a few hours/days trying to figure it out - but i'm hoping one of you autohotkey masters will help out.

thanks.

ewemoa:
I only have this working with my left alt key, but how about something like:

--- Code: AutoIt ---; icons adapted from:;   Mark James;   http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/FileInstall, Up.ico, Up.icoFileInstall, Down.ico, Down.icoUpIconFileName = Up.icoDownIconFileName = Down.icoIf GetKeyState("Alt"){  Menu, Tray, Icon, % DownIconFileName}Else{  Menu, Tray, Icon, % UpIconFileName}Loop{  KeyWait, Alt, D  Menu, Tray, Icon, % DownIconFileName  KeyWait, Alt, U  Menu, Tray, Icon, % UpIconFileName}
Edit: Here is a compiled version with icons.

nudone:
perfect. i'd just finished adding some icons to the script when i saw the compiled version - so i've attached the icons i made to this post (maybe someone else will use them).

thanks, ewemoa. i'll send some DC credits later.

now i just need to see if i was right about my mouse messing with me.

ewemoa:
Hope it's been working for you and you've made progress on your mouse issue :)

BTW, would you mind if I swapped in your icons and make those "official"?

nudone:
Hope it's been working for you and you've made progress on your mouse issue :)

BTW, would you mind if I swapped in your icons and make those "official"?
-ewemoa (May 06, 2010, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
yeah no problem. mouse seems to be working fine at the moment so not needed the script so much - i'm glad it's there for when i need it though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version