ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The conflict of interest that is Google

<< < (22/27) > >>

Bamse:
Some old news paper dudes will probably agree with you. So they can control market in a more peaceful way. Many happy victims disagree. They feel "compelled" to disagree is a better way of playing with words :)

JavaJones:
I'm sorry, but based on the past quality of Joe Wilcox's articles, I aint going to bother. Is it really worth it mouser, or just more ranting from a blowhard? This guy switches his opinions 10 times a day, based - it appears - on whatever will get the most views to his articles and generate the most controversy.

- Oshyan

mouser:
there's nothing new to read in the article so it really doesn't add anything to the debate.

Bamse:
Does add to his string of articles, will be linked to later, so make sense. EU investigations will not go unnoticed since he believes they back up his crazy translations of problems.

But may be more interesting to list what exactly Google is stealing/preventing you from/forcing you to. That is what he is hinting if not saying out loud. Also how that non-Google internet world would look like. Why would it be better? Some must have more understandable arguments than stating the obvious side effects of running such a business, ignoring freedom of choice like you are a kid and Google candy, or oh no, I have written all those articles while using more and more Google services - I must write a new article about this problem. And remember to mention I now use Iphone4 which is something completely different in my little tech-world. Also I must mention that Facebook is probably worse so all understand my huge dilemma.

I would not have big hopes for EU to learn Google a lesson. Microsoft has some sweeeet deals with most computer makers, why we got all those Windows. And as Apple, Adobe and others they practically do communist trading with their stuff to students, business with volume licenses. Close to freeware. Many complain when they get free stuff right? Market place is raped and they misuse their size to screw competitors over. They were told to let "people" tick a browser off and something about a Media player no one cared about.

rxantos:
Corporations are like drug dealers. They give you something for free in order to hook you up.

BTW: This is interesting. Google is next to useless when you are searching for something like a car.

The Incredible Stupidity Of Investigating Google For Acting Like A Search Engine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version