Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 02:52:30 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DONE: Random (real random) file from folder and subfolders  (Read 40780 times)
skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 04:35:56 PM »

@2muchacid, @TUTRider: Welcome to DonationCoder.   cheesy

The author of this program, scancode, hasn't been very active lately so I'm not sure if you're going to see a timely response from him.  We're going to try to contact him off-forum.  However, if he doesn't reply, and based on this app's popularity, I can see about rewriting the application myself.

TUTRider
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2014, 10:02:49 AM »

No problem,it is not a huge deal because I can keep using other programs to do what I want but to get this one working would be rad. Let me know if you need any more info and I can definitely get it for you.

Thanks!
2muchacid
Participant

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2014, 03:30:22 PM »

That would be great!! Can you do it, please?

The error I get only happens when I select a folder with many sub folders and files, like 30.000+ files.
That's the only fix I need.

Thanks!
skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2014, 04:44:34 PM »

I contacted scancode and he said he's in the process of rewriting this application in C#.

Rexxx
Participant

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »

Hi all.  Registered just to say thank you for this program.  I thought I was the only one in the world that would want something like this.  I did find a couple things, and I am hoping I am just not smart enough to figure out how to work the program properly.  Can I choose more than one location?  I have three different hard drives with movies on them, and I would like to truly randomize my choice.  Also, when I do a pick, it will only pick a file that is within a folder.  For example, on the root of my D Drive, I have 500 movies, I also have 500 movies in various folders on the same drive.  If I do a pick, it will only give me results within folders, none of the files on the root of the drive are ever selected.  Outside of those two, this program is great, and does a great job of letting me not have to make a choice what movie to put on at work...

Thank You!
2muchacid
Participant

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »

Any update on this?

Thanks!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us