topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SOLVED: Toggle mouse cursor speed or acceleration with hotkey  (Read 16865 times)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i thought i had a pretty decent mouse (logitech mx revolution) and i'm using the modified uberOptions for it - but it doesn't appear to do on the fly (toggling) of mouse speed or acceleration.

i'd really like to be able to press a hotkey (or mouse button that i'll associate with the hotkey) to toggle the speed of the mouse - but only whilst the hotkey is pressed (or maybe press the hotkey again to return to the alternate speed).

as usual, i've had a quick scan through the autohotkey forums and i can't decide if this is something near impossible or quite trivial. i know the cursor can be made to move by autohotkey - but toggling the systems mouse speed/acceleration - well, i really don't know.

anyone up for this snack challenge.

thanks.

(mouser has persuaded me that an accelerated cursor is a good idea to travel across multi-screen setups - but i need the non accelerated/slow cursor movement for design work, i.e. two toggling cursor speeds would be help me).

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Toggle mouse cursor speed or acceleration with hotkey
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 05:56 AM »
Maybe my MAT (Mouse Acceleration Toggle) program will work for you? 

https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=19785.0

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:32 AM »
yes, that is perfect. i've not tried it with my mouse buttons to activate it (toggle) yet but it looks like it will do it.

it also does more than i could ever have hoped for - with the extra speed control. that opens up so many more levels or control. brilliant.

(i'll let mouser know - he might like this on his system too.)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:54 AM »
yes, that is perfect. i've not tried it with my mouse buttons to activate it (toggle) yet but it looks like it will do it.
it also does more than i could ever have hoped for - with the extra speed control. that opens up so many more levels or control. brilliant.
(i'll let mouser know - he might like this on his system too.)

Sweet.  =]  I'm glad it'll work for you.

as usual, i've had a quick scan through the autohotkey forums and i can't decide if this is something near impossible or quite trivial.

As an aside, you'd be shocked at how little code there is in this app.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:00 AM »
i've just posted a quick request in the original thread:

https://www.donation....msg203609#msg203609