topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Start Menu Stack  (Read 2638 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Start Menu Stack
« on: May 29, 2010, 02:01 PM »
What I'd like to see is a Start Menu Stack that remembers that last dozen folders/groups you opened in Start Menu.  No typing.  Click something, the entries are shown.  You click one, and the Start Menu is open with that group selected but not entered.  That way if the one you want isn't there, click on something close and the navigation is almost done.

Recent or frequent programs is not helpful if you want to run different programs from the same group.  You run one, then you have to navigate all the way back down to run the 2nd.  If it's a program that's used all the time, a different method to rapidly launch is already employed. I only use Start Menu for stuff I hardly ever use.  Renavigation to the same area over and over is a pita.

Stuff like Vista Strart Menu or '7' is it's called now, don't seem to have this stack feature.
Seems like to should have been built in like 12 years ago.. but there you go. :(