ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

refresh all open browsers automatically?

(1/3) > >>

nudone:
anyone know of a little util that will automatically refresh ALL browsers that are open?

when i say "automatically" i mean, by pressing a single key or button and then IE, FireFox, Safari, Chome, Opera, etc. refresh the page they are on (or the main tab that's selected).

this has got to be an old idea so there ought to be something out there - not that i can find anything.

skwire:
This wouldn't take much in AHK.  Give me a minute.

skwire:
Tested on my computer running WinXP SP2 and with the following browsers:

Firefox
Internet Explorer
Maxthon
Opera
Safari
Chrome

--- Code: AutoIt ---WinGet, myList, ListLoop, % myList{    myID := myList%A_Index%    WinGetTitle, myTitle, % "ahk_id " . myID    WinGetClass, myClass, % "ahk_id " . myID     If myTitle contains Firefox,Chrome,Maxthon ; These accept remote keysends directly.    {        ControlSend, , {F5}, % "ahk_id " . myID    }    Else If myTitle contains Opera,Internet Explorer ; These have to be focused first.    {        WinActivate, % "ahk_id " . myID        ControlSend, , {Ctrl down}r{Ctrl up}, % "ahk_id " . myID    }    Else If myClass contains {1C03B488-D53B-4a81-97F8-754559640193} ; Safari.    {        WinActivate, % "ahk_id " . myID        ControlSend, , {F5}, % "ahk_id " . myID    }}

nudone:
thanks for giving it a shot, skwire but it doesn't seem to be refreshing more than a single browser at a time - i think it may have done two though.

i'm using vista so maybe that's the problem.

interestingly, Internet Explorer refreshes without being focussed - sometimes. the two that refreshed together were Chrome and IE.

Firefox doesn't appear to want to play and neither does Maxthon.

if this all sounds inexplicable then it might be best to leave it alone - if it's a vista thing then i'm sort of stuck.

oh, one other thing - does it matter if i have lots of non browser windows open at the same time? i should have mentioned that in the first place. sorry.

skwire:
i'm using vista so maybe that's the problem.-nudone (April 29, 2010, 10:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Could be...but I don't see why that would make such a huge difference in this case.

oh, one other thing - does it matter if i have lots of non browser windows open at the same time? i should have mentioned that in the first place. sorry.-nudone (April 29, 2010, 10:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, that shouldn't matter.  The code:

1) Scans through all open processes.
2) Gets their window title and class.
3) Matches against a few lists.
4) Sends an F5 (Ctrl-R in some cases) keystroke to the parent window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version