ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In the "What the Hell?" department...

<< < (2/5) > >>

mwb1100:
Maybe it easy to poke fun at this, and it might seem ridiculous on it's face, but...

1) gaming is important to kids today (as well as non-kids) - there's no reason to pretend that it's not
2) if you look at the requirements for the awards (and note that these are for the younger cub scouts), you may understand some of what they might be trying to teach the kids.

I'm not even a gamer, so I'm not sure why I'm defending this...

40hz:
I'm not even a gamer, so I'm not sure why I'm defending this...
-mwb1100 (April 29, 2010, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe cuz they got ya where they want ya? ;D

Simply stunning...

Is the next merit badge for the boy with the biggest playboy collection to prove that he's not gay? :P
-Renegade (April 29, 2010, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Gwen7:
Maybe it easy to poke fun at this, and it might seem ridiculous on it's face, but...

1) gaming is important to kids today (as well as non-kids) - there's no reason to pretend that it's not
2) if you look at the requirements for the awards (and note that these are for the younger cub scouts), you may understand some of what they might be trying to teach the kids.
-mwb1100 (April 29, 2010, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

in that case maybe they should also offer a Kama Sutra merit badge?

sex is a very important topic for my two 12 year old nephews. even if it is just something to talk about.

I hope.

Darwin:
I'd say that this is indefensible... having said that, it seems to me that when I was a cub scout there were all sorts of merit badges for activities such as stamp collecting and model building, activities that have tenuous relationships with the outdoors and survival skills. Having said that, I dimly recall being disappointed when I got to Scouts and all the merit badges were for things like first aid and orienteering. So... video gaming doesn't really strike me as being an outdoor survival skill, but then, what do I know? Recent headlines have proclaimed that video gaming is good for hand-eye coordination, teamwork, and problem solving. Maybe we just have to keep up with the times? Still, scouting means camping in the snow to me!

Darwin:
in that case maybe they should also offer a Kama Sutra merit badge?

sex is a very important topic for my two 12 year old nephews. even if it is just something to talk about.

I hope.

-Gwen7 (April 29, 2010, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

You posted this while I was pecking out my missive, above, Gwen. Hysterical!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version