ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Auto-Rotate

<< < (2/2)

XdragonSB:
Aren't the icons "objects"?
And can't you make the objects change x,y?
Cuz when my friend worked on some coding, he had objects move around the screen and that barely drained a thing...
Well, I don't really have the right to say because I don't know how this whole thing is scripted.

But thanks for considering it... I just want my high-end computer to look real fancy xD

Markham:
I have now investigated your request and, as I feared, automatic rotation of the Dock requires too much in the way of system resources - in fact memory usage rises by 500%.

Also to achieve a smooth scroll, the routine to calculate and move the Dock Items needs to be called ten times a second with an increment of half a degree: that produces a fairly slow scroll. To speed it up, say double the speed to 10 degrees/sec, that routine would have to be called twice as often - ie 20 times per second.

My initial tests were with 7 dock items in a single orbit. Two orbits of seven items in each orbit took twice as long.

My aim is to keep Circle Dock as 'lean and mean' as possible - meaning it should be meagre with system resources. Such an enhancement does not fit within that aim and won't be on-developed.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version