ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Auto-Rotate

(1/2) > >>

XdragonSB:
Is there a way for the dock to auto-rotate whenever the mouse is not on it?
I tried searching the forums... and either I'm blind or I can't find anything on it.

sgtevmckay:
Greetings XdragonSB  :)
Welcome to Donationcoder and Circle Docks little portion of it.

There is actually no setting for what you suggest, although does sound interesting  :huh:
I can see making such an option available, but I would point out that a continuously spinning Circle Dock will run up system utilization. Something to keep in mind.

Knowing this; do you think it would be a good option???
An elective setting that will spin the dock, while teh mouse is away from the dock???

Let us know  :tellme:

XdragonSB:
Well, anything will run on my computer fine. I mean, it's just an add on, so if a user with a computer can't handle it, then they have the choice to disable it.

I kind of want my Windows to feel like a whole new OS, not a mac or a linux, but something unique.
I chose circle dock to be the desktop because it looked like a futuristic style of a OS

My circle dock is positioned on the lower left, so all the icons can't be seen unless you scroll with your mouse or use the arrow keys.
I want the dock to continuously rotate, so that i can wait for my icon to appear to click it, or if I don't want to wait, I can put my mouse over the dock and scroll to make it rotate faster.

Anyway, that's just my vision.

---

A spinning dock would be a great addition to the 2010 version of circle dock, in my opinion.
I just don't know how to code. :/

sgtevmckay:
A spinning dock would be a great addition to the 2010 version of circle dock, in my opinion.
I just don't know how to code. :/
-XdragonSB (April 28, 2010, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's cool..neither do I, so we will let Markham get in on this....

I think it would also be nice to control the "Slowness" of the rotation speed when the mouse is away...do not need anything blinding fast or distracting ;)

Markham:
I will look into this but promise nothing. I foresee several problems though this first of which is distraction: a constantly moving part of the screen is going to attract they eye. The second is speed related: the more Dock Items a dock contains, the longer it takes to paint the Dock. And thirdly it will be a drain on CPU resources - you certainly wouldn't want to enable such a feature on a Netbook!

If it does get included, it will be a version 2 enhancement.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version