ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: make mouse cursor "wrap" or "warp" to opposite screen edge (for multi screens)

(1/4) > >>

nudone:
i'd like to be able to wrap the mouse cursor around the edges of the screens i'm using, so:

that's 3 screens in a row.
cursor hits edge of far right screen then...
wraps arounnd (or jumps) to edge of far left screen.
(and in the opposite direction of travel.)

or, can anyone recommend a mouse util that will do this that will work with multi-monitor setups.

thanks.

lanux128:
either CursorUS or Edgeless should do the trick. while i'm not sure whether CursorUS has multi-monitor support, Edgeless has a new version that supports dual monitors. btw, Edgeless has no web-page of its own so you have to scroll down a bit. there is also Multi-Monitor Mouse but it's hotkey-based.

cranioscopical:
i'd like to be able to wrap the mouse cursor around the edges of the screens i'm using, so:

that's 3 screens in a row.
cursor hits edge of far right screen then...
wraps arounnd (or jumps) to edge of far left screen.
-nudone (April 28, 2010, 03:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just curious... are you down to 3 screens now? 
If not, what happens on the display above the others when using continuous mouse movement?

nudone:
thanks for the suggestions lanux128. unfortunately none of them work (not even with xp compatibility mode on).

Multi Mouse Monitor looks like it should work but as it requires keyboard or mouse buttons to activate that isn't of much use. i'm looking for a solution that just monitors the cursor and wraps it automatically. (this util didn't work with the hotkeys either.)

i'm thinking i'm going to have to delve into autohotkey to get the solution i need.

cranioscopical, i'm still using four screens but i've only got 3 in a row (the fourth is above the middle screen). so i was just hoping to wrap the cursor around the horizontal far edges. but it would be a bonus to wrap the middle screens in a vertical direction - out the top and up through the bottom, etc.

lanux128:
what is your OS? btw, there are some solutions in AHK but you may need to test them on your PC to see if they work or not..

• Cursor Navigator 1.05 [ by Andreone ]
• (yet another) Mouse Wrapper - supports multi-heads

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version