ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

[IDEA] FARR Plugin: FARRDevelopersBible

<< < (2/2)

ewemoa:
I like the general idea though am much in the dark about good specific approaches.

To share some possibly related thoughts:

I've been building up an alias for local documentation.  It doesn't do much that's fancy for things that haven't been processed by CHM2Alias, but at least I can type "docs <something>" to get uniform quick access to a fair bit of documentation.  If we're talking only CHM, there's this tool, KeyHH which lets one:

Open an HTML Help window based on a keyword search

--- End quote ---

I was thinking of trying to hook this up to a plugin version of CHM2Alias.

Reasoning:
While FARRWebMetaSearch is a great idea, the purpose of this plugin is to use an offline version to eliminate the requirement of internet access.-Codebyte (April 27, 2010, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm...

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21340.msg194731#msg194731

:)

phitsc?

Also (as hinted at by mouser) I'm interested in seeing if anything useful can come about from:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18016.msg203103#msg203103

I don't have Windows Search, but if I get another PC at some point, it's likely to run Windows 7 (or something later), and IIUC, Windows Search would be on there by default...so this approach may turn out to be personally interesting once the local OS situations evolves a bit.

phitsc:
Reasoning:
While FARRWebMetaSearch is a great idea, the purpose of this plugin is to use an offline version to eliminate the requirement of internet access.-Codebyte (April 27, 2010, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm...

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21340.msg194731#msg194731

:)

phitsc?
-ewemoa (April 28, 2010, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's not forgotten. Actually, Perry and me (well, mostly Perry :-[) have been working on a specification for a much improved version of FARR WMS. Unfortunately, when Perry went on his Lenten Journey (note: when, not because) my motivation to work on the project has gone down considerably (for various reasons. well, if you want to know ;), the two main ones probably being that I'll be working for a different company soon (which gives much to be finished in the old one), and that apart from Perry, no one seemed to be particularly interest in the plugin. A third one just comes to mind: the new specification makes this plugin not only much more powerful, but also quite a bit more complex.). I'm sure I'm going to pick it up again though, if only for all the work Perry and I (well, mostly Perry) have put into it already.

To get back on topic: yes, I think FARR WMS with a local file in an appropriate format could well be up to the task intended by the original poster.

Perry Mowbray:
I'm sure I'm going to pick it up again though, if only for all the work Perry and I (well, mostly Perry) have put into it already.
-phitsc (April 30, 2010, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

[ Well I'm glad about that  ;) ]

WMS on a local file sounds like great fun...

ewemoa:
Thanks for the response phitsc :)

I think FARR WMS with a local file in an appropriate format could well be up to the task intended by the original poster.
-phitsc (April 30, 2010, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds very nice!

P.S. Good luck in your company-transitioning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version