ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BootRacer-Check Your Boot Speed

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
I realize that.  But the VB script is good for those who don't want to install an application just to time their boots.  Plus by definition you have the source code. :)

It's just an alternative. I don't say don't use the first utility if you like it. :)

ha14:
Hi

I contacted  BootRacer sotmaker and replied as fiollow

Timeout for choosing operational system is hard to evaluate.
You can change the timeout to 0 by editing "boot.ini".

Hope this info will help

MilesAhead:
Hi

I contacted  BootRacer sotmaker and replied as fiollow

Timeout for choosing operational system is hard to evaluate.
You can change the timeout to 0 by editing "boot.ini".

Hope this info will help
-ha14 (May 02, 2010, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

What I do is sit and watch.  When the boot menu comes up I hit Enter to avoid the wait. Or you can just subtract the setting you have.  I use an 8 second delay. If Bootspeed says 78 seconds then I know it's 70. :)

ha14:
Well, I think that will be difficult to realy calculate the booting time with a stop watch, in my opinion an accurate numbre can be obtained only with a good software. Since some can also keep a log file so that one can look deeper for configuration.

sajman99:
Well, I think that will be difficult to realy calculate the booting time with a stop watch, in my opinion an accurate numbre can be obtained only with a good software. Since some can also keep a log file so that one can look deeper for configuration.
-ha14 (May 05, 2010, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're likely correct that software would provide a more precise measurement of boot time, but hey--a stopwatch works OK for me. ;D

But I guess I'm just cheap. :-[ I mean, I can't really see paying for software to tell me my stopwatch was off by a few seconds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version