topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 10:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bug: Hint for folder icons uses wrong string  (Read 5427 times)

helloworld.c

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Bug: Hint for folder icons uses wrong string
« on: April 24, 2010, 08:25 AM »
Hi Mouser,

First of all, tried the new version (v1.111.01) and love it! I can make the .lnk extensions disappear in folders, and arrange icon groups by using adjustable spacers. Didn't have any issues using my existing bar definition file. Wonderful!

There is a bug related to mouseover hints for folder items, though: The hint always shows the folder path and not what I enter in the "Hint" field. Just wanted to let you know.

Oh, and if you have room for a feature request, too: It would be great if nodes could override the caption settings, too, and not only the icon settings.

Cheers,
Chris

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bug: Hint for folder icons uses wrong string
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 09:46 AM »
glad you like it :)

There is a bug related to mouseover hints for folder items, though: The hint always shows the folder path and not what I enter in the "Hint" field. Just wanted to let you know.
thanks for the report, i will fix it.

It would be great if nodes could override the caption settings, too, and not only the icon settings.
can you elaborate on this a little?

helloworld.c

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Yes, sure. I can select captions/no captions for the whole dock, i.e. all nodes. But I cannot have for example command nodes without captions (so only icons) but folder nodes with caption. In the node options, I can override the icon display but not the caption settings.

I am using a dock as a kind of "system menu bar" with iconized commands and folders as pull-down menus and for the folder/drop-down nodes I'd rather have the text than icons. A little bit like a traditional menu bar.

An alternative for a caption override would be an additional option for the icon overrides "Caption instead of icon" where the caption is displayed instead of the icon. For folder nodes, the pull-down arrow would be to the right of the caption text then. This arrangement would most closely mimic the behavior of a WinXP toolbar when you add folders to it and make them narrow. There, all icons underneath the folder are hidden and you see only the folder name with a ">>" arrow to the right that you can click on to get a drop-down list of everything inside that folder.

Cheers,
Chris

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 02:15 PM »
I thought i added a tab that let you specify "Node Overides" including icon and caption settings, exactly as you are asking.
More in this thread: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=19286.0

Screenshot - 4_24_2010 , 2_15_08 PM.png

So i guess the question is, does this not do what you need, or did you just not notice this tab?

helloworld.c

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Indeed, my fault, I didn't quite "get it". This does exactly what I was hoping for - thanks!  :)

Cheers,
Chris

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 03:28 PM »