ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

is there a util for "minimising" programs to the side of the screen?

<< < (2/3) > >>

PhilB66:
See this thread... and give miniMIZE a try.

app103:
I am not sure if it will work on Vista/Win7, and if it does you'll have to make your own skin for it to look right, but TaskbarEx allows you to drag buttons off the taskbar and place them anywhere on the desktop.

is there a util for "minimising" programs to the side of the screen?

cmpm:
Here is a short list with that ability to minimize to the dock-

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/docks-the-6-best-friends-of-your-windows-taskbar/

nudone:
thanks for the extra suggestions. i'm not back at the main computer until monday so i'll try them then.

using compatiblity mode with miniMize is a good idea - i always seem to forget that option exists.

i had been using taskbarEx for years until i moved to Vista - maybe that will work under compatibility mode too. will try it.

i'll try out the othe docking solutions too.

will report back with what works (or doesn't).

thanks all.

nudone:
after a bit of testing using compatibility mode...

TaskBarEx doesn't appear to work at all - which is a shame, as i still think this would be the best solution as it provides the most choice of layout.

miniMIZE takes over all the taskbar buttons - so that's not very friendly. i can see it being good, though, if you don't want the standard taskbar and like to personalise/customise your system.

Nubs! works but it is a bit limited when using multi-screens as it will only use the far/outer edges of your screen layout - if it worked on each screen then this would be a near perfect solution.

so, i may try and use Nubs! for a while. i don't think it will provide me with enough to really help - but i could be wrong.

edit:
whoops. forgot to look at the dock solutions suggested by cmpn. i'll do that now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version