ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

eBoostr, now version 4

<< < (2/6) > >>

nudone:
i gave it a try but i've uninstalled it now. i couldn't really tell if there was much difference - using the comparison speed tool indicated that things were loading about 15% quicker - which isn't really noticeable for me (that was using RAM and a usb stick).

i'm sure it all depends on what hardware you have though, so i wouldn't knock the program - it's just not right for everyone. if it was cheaper i'd have considered keeping it.

Darwin:
I have it installed under Windows 7 64bit with 4GB RAM and it's very stable and you don't even know it's there. Is it making a difference? I can't tell... I really bought a license (for which I received a free upgrade to 4) for either a netbook or my old XP machine with 2GB RAM. However, I don't have access to either at the moment so am playing with it under this setup. Hmm... wonder if it works on VM?

At any rate, I am pretty sure that it's effects are marginal at best on my setup, but I do think it's worth a look if you have older hardware on which you've hit the glass ceiling of RAM upgrade-ability (is that a word?).

Curt:
upgradability / upgradeability :up:

up·grade
Pronunciation:     'əp-ˌgrād, ˌəp-'
Function:           transitive verb
Date:               1901

: to raise or improve the grade of: as a : to improve (livestock) by use of purebred sires b : to advance to a job requiring a higher level of skill especially as part of a training program c : to raise the quality of d : to raise the classification and usually the price of without improving the quality e : to extend the usefulness of (as a device) f : to assign a less serious status to <upgraded the patient's condition to good>
intransitive verb : to improve or replace especially software or a device for increased usefulness

–up·grad·abil·i·ty or up·grade·abil·i·ty \ˌəp-ˌgrā-də-'bi-lə-tē\ noun
 –up·grad·able or up·grade·able \ˌəp-'grā-də-bəl\ adjective

© 2005 Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
 ;D Thanks Curt!

Curt:
At $39.99 for the full Pro version, I would hope the "boost" is more than marginal. -sajman99 (April 28, 2010, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Time-limited offer, right now:

Offer Only Available to Users of eBoostr 4 Trial Version
Download eBoostr 4 PRO today for just $14.99!
http://www.eboostr.com/campaign_pro.html

Edited:
30 day money back guarantee

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version