topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Connection refused? Where to look ...  (Read 5495 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Connection refused? Where to look ...
« on: May 08, 2010, 04:41 PM »
Feelin' kinda sheepish over this one :-[.  The error I'm getting is
Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error.
Seems familiar from a few aeons ago - say twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years? - but cannot for the life of me remember how to address it.

I'm hitting the server from one of the laptops I'm configuring.  The specified URL page loads, but has three (3) iframes, in each of which I get this error.  None of my searches have turned up anything informative, at least for this problem.  Thing is, I'm not certain where to look.  It's not HTTP, nor, as far as I can tell, Apache.  Thought it might be .NET since it's a Win box, but no juice there so far.  And if were .NET related, why do I think I remember it from the past?

This is not the normal server, btw - that's down for a partial rebuild :(, so I'm hitting my Windows desktop (Win7, 32-bit), which has Apache, PHP, PERL, Python installed.

hpearce

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Connection refused? Where to look ...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Windows 7 SP1 (TM) Home Premium 64-bit .. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz / 2.27 GHz .. 4GB RAM .. NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS .. Gateway P-7805u FX

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:39 PM »
Yeah, that's all Google Chrome adjustments. 

What I'm hitting isn't browser specific - wish it were! - and affects IE8.x, Opera 10.x, Firefox 3.6, Google Chrome 5.x, & Comodo Dragon 4.x.  Sorry I didn't mention that at first.

The error codes are different, of course, but all mention a bad connection, e.g., unable to connect, could not connect to remote server, cannot display web page.  Chose the Chrome error 'cause it seems a bit more ... informative?  Haven't found anything in logs that helps.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Have you tried gathering data via Wireshark?

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 12:01 AM »
Using an older version, but it's not showing anything of note - at least, not that I can recognize.

Wonder if having that running on both machines could cause conflict :-\?