ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Advice on keyboard shortcuts.

(1/5) > >>

pilgrim:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, apologies if not.

On my PC I have a program called Keyboard Tweaker which allows me to easily set any number of Hotkeys and uses very few resources.
Unfortunately it only works on full size keyboards and what I am looking for is a program that will do the same on a Netbook.
I am aware of the ability to set Hotkeys in XP but for practical reasons they need to be restricted to 2 keys, Windows uses 3.
I have looked at AutoHotkey which I learned about on these forums and I think I could probably work out how to use it but I can find no indication as to resource usage.
The majority of the Hotkeys I use are for opening programs.
I would appreciate comments from anyone who uses AHK or could suggest any other program that would meet my needs.

skwire:
In a nutshell, it will be the best five megs your computer ever uses.

pilgrim:
Thanks for the reply skwire it's quite a bit up on the 176kb Keyboard Tweaker uses but so far I've not found anything else.

yksyks:
If you're looking for something quite powerful, light on resources, but without any eye candy, then HotkeyP is the solution.

pilgrim:
yksyks I have downloaded a copy of HotkeyP but after reading the Help file I am wondering if it is only intended for full size keyboards, especially as it mentions Multimedia keys.
When I first started looking into this I contacted the developer of Keyboard Tweaker and he told me that if a keyboard program is mapped for a full size keyboard it will not work on a Laptop/Netbook as the mapping is different?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version