ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Powerpoint sucks - what to use instead?

<< < (11/15) > >>

tsaint:
I guess I was trying to point towards an attempt from some time back to develop ideas similar to some of those proposed here, in case a read of the site I pointed to stimulated ideas from someone with some programming talent. It wasn't intended to be a "look, here's the final solution to your problem" post.

40hz:
@tsaint- You have my sympathies.

I've felt in the same boat at times.

There's a big difference between an FYI and a personal recommendation. Why do people tend to believe that whatever gets offered for consideration is automatically being recommended?

Such is life I suppose... ;D

JavaJones:
Interesting, it does appear that this has been tried before, albeit not (apparently) that well done, and no longer updated. I'm thinking one of the modern open source HTML editors really might make a great basis for this. Having pre-built CSS layouts with empty divs would be a good way of making fairly rigid templates, too...

- Oshyan

superboyac:

There's a big difference between an FYI and a personal recommendation. Why do people tend to believe that whatever gets offered for consideration is automatically being recommended?

-40hz (April 29, 2010, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
Reminds of a quote in one of Stephen Fry's America documentaries.  He's talking with a Harvard prof, and the prof explains how it's a very American thing to want all answers in black and white.  Very simple, short, definitive answers.  What's the best?  Is this right or wrong?  When, in fact, the world operates mostly in shades of gray.

Carol Haynes:

-40hz (April 29, 2010, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wasn't quite suggesting that it was being offered as a full solution (just commenting on the fact it dated back half a decade).

My comment was more that having read the rest of this thread I couldn't really see any way that the app mentioned approached any sort of solution (in fact I couldn't really see what problem it was 'designed' to solve - even in the 'demonstrations' suggested as an illustration).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version