ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Meeting minutes/action item software recommendations?

<< < (7/9) > >>

Armando:
Conditional formatting is one of those things that will get simpler more reliable. But in IQ's beta stage, it's not a priority at the moment (what is ? Calendar, filtering and grid UI, search and replace, important bugs...).

Rules at this point are (explained there : http://www.sqlnotes.net/drupal5/index.php?q=node/219) :

1- conditional format doesn't admit other criteria than numbers. If it's a Y/N (Boolean) Field, then -1 = Y (<>0 in the cond. Format. win.) and 0 = N (=0 in the cond. Format. win.) (as it is, traditionally).

2- You MUST "save" in the field management dialog after changing a conditional formatting option -- even if autosave is on. This is a bug I discovered last week. 

3- If a columns format is conditioned by another column, both need to be present in the grid for the formatting to happen

4- The grid must be closed an reopen for the modifications to appear.

If your criteria is some text, then you'd need to use a VB function in the visual basic editor. Not for the "normal" users right now.
And then there are several approaches : insert the criteria in the CalcColor() function which will fully color the item, or create a separate function which will affect a Y/N field that you'll then be able to use as a criteria in the conditional format section of the manage fields window.

If you really want to do that, I can help you... Or you can wait for the conditional formatting to support strings.

(P.S. : The =4 in the screenshot was a reminder for myself. I used a number that had no effect since I wanted to keep the BackColor info for future reference.)

Armando:
(edited and added some important info in last post : rule #2, and the link)

superboyac:
Oy...ok, I'll avoid that for now!  You are a mountain of info, I love it!

I can color manually for what I'm doing now.  This is somewhat unrelated to the meeting minutes thing, but the same project.

Armando:
Just a a warning. It's okay to manually color items manually in your normal DB. But for the meeting one, it's trickier because of the script I set up where colors are automatically controlled based on text in the item field, and other checked fields. I'll try to see what I can do to change that -- it's a weakness in my code.

superboyac:
Just a a warning. It's okay to manually color items manually in your normal DB. But for the meeting one, it's trickier because of the script I set up where colors are automatically controlled based on text in the item field, and other checked fields. I'll try to see what I can do to change that -- it's a weakness in my code.
-Armando (April 28, 2010, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
No worries.  This is for another database.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version