ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

alias help needed

(1/5) > >>

putnum:
Hey guys I have a alias created that contains several items. How can I access the items directly instead of typing the group name first? (I also want them in a group)

ex: alias name "web" contains blah, blah2, blah3 etc

Thanks,
Adam

mouser:
this is actually a bit of an interesting question.
do you mean that you want the items in the group to be always matched against what you type?

putnum:
I think so. Here is a better example. I have a alias file named work.alias and in the alias I have a group called adminTools. In that group I have several entries. One say being ping.

I am wanting to be able to type ping and get that but right now I have to type the group name "adminTools" than ping.

Any thoughts?

mouser:
normally the process is to name the group what you want to type to activate it.. it's ok if alias groups have the same "name" -- which i can see is a bit confusing.

either way, the best solution now would be to name the group "admin" and type "admin" to see all the entries in that group, or "admin ping" to filter to just ping.

so in general the way to do it in farr if you want to be able to just type ping, is to create an alias named ping.

BUT

i recall that we had this discussion at one point, and i may have already added a way to do what you want, i just cant remember.. if not, i can add something somewhere that can be used to tell farr that the contents of certain alias should be checked against as if each one was an individual alias no matter what user types.

putnum:
Mouser yes that would be great. I would like to be able to type the group name and see everything in the group as well each individual item if I wanted. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version