ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

OCX or API call to control notebook LCD brightness

(1/3) > >>

AmericanoInPhils:
I am wanting to either know how to use DeviceIoControl API so that I can instruct my monitor on my notebook to increase or decrease the brightness or to find an OCX that will enable me to do this.

The built in brightness controls do not work any longer because the manufacturer's driver does not work with XP

Literally, my eyes are being burned out of my head! Please Help?

Thanks in advance

app103:
Is this what you are looking for?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372656%28VS.85%29.aspx

Alternatively you could try Skrommel's DimScreen and maybe save yourself some work.

AmericanoInPhils:
WOW YOUR WONDERFUL!

just when I was giving up you saved me  :D

DimScreen is crude but totally effective.. dont lke the ini file on my desktop hehe
I still would like to write my own which would be slightly more pretty .... Its important to be ableto adjust contrast (luminosity) at same time as changing brightness plus I would build in another option needed for notebook

That microsoft article I have visited yes but I dont write in C and dont know how to apply it ... even if I did I dont have the values for all those IOCTL vars ... do you program in C and understand it?

:Thmbsup:

app103:
I think if given enough time and enough displays to ruin I might be able to figure it out (in Delphi), but I can't afford to find out.

AmericanoInPhils:
UPDATE! DimScreen made with AutoHotKeys is a problem ... uses up serious CPU time and causes GUI interruption to the point windows will not move smoothly and scrollbars slip out from under mouse!!!!!!!!!!! Still searching for an answer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version