ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Oops, I won a Adobe Flash Builder by mistake!

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
I vaguely remember that some months ago I saw an advert promising me a chance to get a flash builder for free from Adobe. I was probably thinking YouTube flash movies, flash animations, or something, so I clicked Yes Please, and forgot about it.

Now I have received my price... yeah wouldn't you know it; if I NEED it, I don't win, but if it is useless to me, I win! Oh dear, oh dear; this is WAY over my head. Adobe Flash Builder 4 Standard does *not* build "flash movies" or "animations"; it builds applications! I will have to CODE, to use it!! (who said "ha-ha!"?) And just to rub salt into 'your' wound: I have registered it; no one else can get it instead. It is lost.

-or is it?

Is there any way 'we', the DonationCoder community can save it and make it become useful?
Or is it really  lost  lost?  :tellme:

----------
The downloaded file is 380MB but is just a container-exe and can be broken down into a lot of reasonable sized files. The installer itself is merely 793KB.

242 pages HELP.pdf splitted into 3 pdf.zip files:
1:3 flashbuilder_help_1.zip (6281.2 kB - downloaded 305 times.)

Curt:
(see attachment in previous post)
-Curt (April 15, 2010, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

flashbuilder_help_2.zip (3559.58 kB - downloaded 405 times.)

Curt:
--- End quote ---
-Curt (April 15, 2010, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

flashbuilder_help_3.zip (5418.15 kB - downloaded 334 times.)

3:3

tinjaw:
I have registered it; no one else can get it instead.
--- End quote ---

What did registering it entail? Is it one of those programs that locks to your hardware signature? Can it be "unregistered"? Like if you wanted to move it to a different computer.

And on a completely different approach, I suggest you contact Adobe and ask to speak to their developer relations manager. Likely such a person would be more than willing to make the necessary arrangements to see that it goes to a good home given that it would give them some good PR/exposure on a developer community like DC's.

Stoic Joker:
Adobe Acrobat has an Unregister option that is designed to allow moving license X to Machine Y. Acrobat puts the option in either the help or tools menu iirc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version