ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

CAPshift enhancement suggestion

<< < (2/3) > >>

skwire:
I don't use this application so maybe I'm misunderstanding how CAPshift works.  I'm under the impression that, using the defaults, if you press and hold the CapsLock key, the app will bring up the menu after one second.  If you release the CapsLock key between one-half second and the full second, then the CapsLock key will turn on.  To quote a phrase, amirite?

ewemoa:
It's odd -- I thought I also had the same problem of the modified version not working, but it seems to be working for me now.

Here's what I tried after downloading, unzipping to the Desktop, and stopping my already running vanilla version of CAPshift (this was admittedly after some initial confusing testing):

Start CAPshiftMod.exe
    => I noticed a new .ini file being created

Hold CapsLock until I see a string which is 500 ms (or 400 ms or ...) and then let go
    => LED on keyboard comes on, no menu appeared

Hold CapsLock until I see a string which is 500 ms (or 400 ms or ...) and then let go
    => LED on keyboard goes off, no menu appeared

Oh, and BTW, nice suggestion and nice modification :)

sb06794:
skwire,
I assumed you were the original author of this program.  All I can say is that it's still not working properly for me.  Your description above is correct.  Try it yourself.  I have no idea why it started working for "ewemoa", but it still is not functional for me.  The timing seems to be OK, but the caps lock key can not be turned on or off through the caps lock key itself, only through the CAPshift menu.
Stu

skwire:
I assumed you were the original author of this program.  All I can say is that it's still not working properly for me.  Your description above is correct.  Try it yourself.-sb06794 (April 16, 2010, 11:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

It works for me under XP SP2.  As a test, I set the menu delay for two seconds and the enable delay for one second.  Holding down the caps lock key for two seconds brings up the menu whilst releasing the caps lock key within the last second toggles the caps lock key.  Anybody else using CAPshift care to test this?

sb06794:
I'm testing on XP SP3.  Maybe the problem is related to the difference in the operating system?
Stu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version