ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Problems with fscript 1.20

<< < (2/4) > >>

ewemoa:
2- Yes, it is correct : I don't use the todoTxt plugin. I should probably get rid of those I don't use. Spring cleaning. That said, I'm pretty sure my python installation is functional, but maybe is it a bit old, etc.
-Armando (April 14, 2010, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
If it works for you, perhaps you could do the spring cleaning and then see if you still get the problems you mentioned.  It might simplify trying to determine possible causes of the issues you encounter.

With respect to Python -- IIUC, TodoTXT may need one of ActiveState's Pythons installed due to the way FScript works.  As an example, I have a portable Python installed and my current understanding is that TodoTXT won't work with it.  Also, I vaguely recall czb mentioning something about not supporting that one any longer.

2- some plugins just stopped working. (Like the Google Translate one : the farr window flashes briefly and I can see that the internet explorer blank page is displayed in farr's result area)
-Armando (April 14, 2010, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't see this in the listing.  Is it installed and if so which version might it be?  What I have at hand appears to be 2.0.

Armando:
If it works for you, perhaps you could do the spring cleaning and then see if you still get the problems you mentioned.  It might simplify trying to determine possible causes of the issues you encounter.
-ewemoa (April 14, 2010, 10:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a sound plan.

With respect to Python -- IIUC, TodoTXT may need one of ActiveState's Pythons installed due to the way FScript works.  As an example, I have a portable Python installed and my current understanding is that TodoTXT won't work with it.  Also, I vaguely recall czb mentioning something about not supporting that one any longer.
--- End quote ---

I might check that out, thanks.

Honestly though, if it's going to be "complicated", I'll just erase the todoTXT plugin. I don't use it and am not planning to use much more anytime soon.

2- some plugins just stopped working. (Like the Google Translate one : the farr window flashes briefly and I can see that the internet explorer blank page is displayed in farr's result area)
-Armando (April 14, 2010, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't see this in the listing.  Is it installed and if so which version might it be?  What I have at hand appears to be 2.0.
--- End quote ---

You are perfectly right. I noticed that a bunch of plugins I regularly use don't appear in the plugins list.

These all belong to the CZB_pack (containing a bunch of plugins),the "fsubscript style" plugins...

I always thought that using a secondary "interface" to manage plugins was a fairly unintuitive way of doing things (there should probably be a note in the farr plugin manager informing the user about the syntax allowing to see the list -- fssc)... But anyways.

So I also use :

Character Table - 1.05 Mon Feb 23 2009
Definr.com - 1.0 Mon Feb 23 2009
Dicts.info Thesaurus - 1.0 Mon Feb 23 2009
Google Calculator - 1.0 Mon Feb 23 2009
Google Dictionary - 2.0 Tue Feb 24 2009
Google Translate - 2.0 Tue Feb 24 2009
JScalc - 2.1 Sat Mar 7 2009
Ninjawords.com - 1.0 Tue Feb 24 2009
Timer - 2.0 Fri Feb 27 2009

There were some other ones, but I deactivated them, a while ago.

One thing that puzzles me, is why does DC updater doesn't tell me that those outdated plugins should be updated ?

ewemoa:
Honestly though, if it's going to be "complicated", I'll just erase the todoTXT plugin. I don't use it and am not planning to use much more anytime soon.
-Armando (April 15, 2010, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
This might be a good first thing to try :)

I noticed that a bunch of plugins I regularly use don't appear in the plugins list.
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the update -- if you get around to doing the spring cleaning, may be you wouldn't mind posting an updated list of plugins you've got installed (assuming you still experience the problems you mentioned).

For reference, so far I haven't manage to reproduce the issues reported -- but in my case, some plugins failed to load.  BTW, I learned this by looking at the troubleshooting log via FARR's options window.

I always thought that using a secondary "interface" to manage plugins was a fairly unintuitive way of doing things (there should probably be a note in the farr plugin manager informing the user about the syntax allowing to see the list -- fssc)...
--- End quote ---
The folks who worked on FSubScript (I confess I was partly involved) felt so too, but AFAIR, the reason it's the way it is has to do with technical issues.

One thing that puzzles me, is why does DC updater doesn't tell me that those outdated plugins should be updated ?

--- End quote ---
I don't have a good answer for you on this one.

Armando:
Just to recap. I had installed and running :

Activated plugins:

Clock (v1.0.0.1)
Timer (V1.01.13)
Data Generator (v1.0.0.4)
Delicious (V1.0.18)
Externalsearch (v1.0.0.0)
FARR AltTab (v1.2)
FARR Environment Variables (v1.1)
FarrFox (V1. 09.01)
GoogleSuggest Plugin (v1.0.0.1)
FarrMostRecentlyUsed (V1.0.1)
FarrMultiMonitor (V1. 1.0)
FarrUninstall (V1.03)
FarrWindowsSearch (FARR 2 Plugin) (v0.1.0)
TinyEverything (v0.9.5)
FCalc (V1.10.01)
FARR Subscript (V1.10)
GooglePlus (V1.1)
hamNotes (V1.0.0.7)
Network Connections Plugin (v0.0.0.3)
PrinterList Plugin (v0.0.0.6)
ProcessKill Plugin (v0.0.0.5)
SendMessage (V1. 0.0.0)
Service Control Plugin (v0.0.0.3)
??l (v??|) - ??|  [This one is actually TodoTxt, but for some reasons, this is how it appears in the plugin manager]

Fscript plugins :

Deactivated standard plugins :

Everything Plugin (v0.1)  [DEACTIVATED]

Deactivated but installed fscript plugins :

- Online Czech2X Dictionary - Folder: Online_Czech2X_Dictionary
- Table Data Search - Folder: Table_Data_Search
- tratu.baamboo.com - Folder: tratu_baamboo
- fftab - Folder: FFTab  activate 

Notice that I had 2 timers :
Timer (V1.01.13)

NOW :

Activated and installed :

Clock (v1.0.0.1)
Timer (V1.01.13)
Data Generator (v1.0.0.4)
Externalsearch (v1.0.0.0)
FARR AltTab (v1.2)
FarrMultiMonitor (V1. 1.0)
FarrWindowsSearch (FARR 2 Plugin) (v0.1.0)
TinyEverything (v0.9.5)
FCalc (V1.10.01)
FARR Subscript (V1.10)
hamNotes (V1.0.0.7)
Network Connections Plugin (v0.0.0.3)
SendMessage (V1. 0.0.0)
Service Control Plugin (v0.0.0.3)

Activated fscript plugins (SAME AS  BEFORE):

Uninstalled (folder deleted)

FARR Environment Variables (v1.1)
GoogleSuggest Plugin (v1.0.0.1)
FarrMostRecentlyUsed (V1.0.1)
??l (v??|) - ??|  [This one is actually TodoTxt, but for some reasons, this is how it appears in the plugin manager]

Deactivated plugins

Delicious (V1.0.18)
FarrFox (V1. 09.01)
FarrUninstall (V1.03)
GooglePlus (V1.1)
PrinterList Plugin (v0.0.0.6)
ProcessKill Plugin (v0.0.0.5)
**Everything Plugin (v0.1) (Was already deactivated)

Deactivated but installed fscript plugins :

- Online Czech2X Dictionary - Folder: Online_Czech2X_Dictionary
- Table Data Search - Folder: Table_Data_Search
- tratu.baamboo.com - Folder: tratu_baamboo
- fftab - Folder: FFTab  activate 

I don't know what we can do with that info, but here it is.

Armando:
I forgot to say the most important thing :

fscript.dll 1.20 doesn't work better. All fscript plugins make my farr window flash briefly and vanish.

I came back to 1.9, and most plugins work. Some don't, like the timer. So I went back to a previous versions which I had deactivated, etc.

[EDIT : I haven't any farr crash in the last 2 weeks though...]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version