ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need help regarding DOS and BAT files.

<< < (4/5) > >>

hulkbuster:
I would recommend first learning basic C syntax. Start with the classic K&R book (It is short and gets straight to the point):

C Programming Language (2nd Edition) by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie

Its not cheap but its worth every penny. C is the foundation of many popular languages: (C++, PHP, Java, Javascript and more). ANSI C hasn't changed a bit in 22 years.

-widgewunner (May 07, 2010, 05:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hello widgewunner i had learnt a bit of C language in my formative years: i can remember doing this

--- ---#include:
io stream.h can't recall much and can't recall the Program we used to Practice , can u suggest any program for using specifically C language only :
i know learning c language wont be too much of a head banging.

Many thanks:

widgewunner:
The C compiler I use is not free (I use MS Visual c++ 6.0). You can get a free version from MS (the "express" version) but from my limited trial with that version I found it to be pretty bloated and crippled. There is also a free version of of the older Borland C compiler but I don't have any experience with that version.

What I would do is get and read the K&R book and start playing around with PHP. Its free, very C like, and has a lot of nice additional features on top of it. The documentation is great too. And PHP is a very handy technology to know if you plan on doing anything web related.
:)

f0dder:
The C compiler I use is not free (I use MS Visual c++ 6.0). You can get a free version from MS (the "express" version) but from my limited trial with that version I found it to be pretty bloated and crippled.-widgewunner (May 11, 2010, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Crippled in what way? Funny that you say you use VC6 and call the express editions crippled, considering the amount of bugs and level of C++ compliance in VC6 :p

widgewunner:
By "crippled" I meant it had reduced/hobbled functionality. As I recall, the 2005 Express edition did not allow compiling a full fledged GUI app, only a command line console app. Can't say if the newer "Express" version has these sorts of limitations...

daddydave:
By "crippled" I meant it had reduced/hobbled functionality. As I recall, the 2005 Express edition did not allow compiling a full fledged GUI app, only a command line console app. Can't say if the newer "Express" version has these sorts of limitations...
-widgewunner (May 12, 2010, 11:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've played around with both 2005 and 2008 versions of Visual C++ and both alllowed compiling GUI apps. My recollection is this. With 2005, you had to do some extra work to be able to complile non-dotnet apps, but once you did, you were set. In 2008, it was built in. Can't say for 2010. One limitation I did notice is that the Express 2008 version didn't let you compile Windows Mobile apps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version