topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Gmail's new look - how do I send mail now (not using the mouse; keyboard only)?  (Read 5342 times)

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok... now Gmail 'upgraded' my account too. I like the overall design changes, but why oh why did they remove the send (etc.) buttons below the editing area when you compose a new email? I used to TAB through the recepient, topic and text input areas and then use TAB again to send it (almost like here i the forum).

I tried a few Google searches, but couldn't find out how to send a mail now without touching the mouse... is there a way?

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
When I foolishly agreed to be switched to the new look, I recall being told that I could temporarily switch back via Settings if I didn't like it.  I didn't like it, and I went to the Options button in the upper-right-hand corner, chose Settings, and there was the option to change back temporarily.  I did so, and am still using the old look.  Of course, I did all this using the mouse, but I suspect there must be a way to access Options and Settings via the keyboard.  (Then again, I'd assume there was a way to Send a message, too.  :tellme: )

hollowlife1987

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yes, you can still send messages without using the mouse, as cyberdiva said.

After ensuring keyboard shortcuts are enabled see here for list of keyboard shortcuts to use with gmail.

https://mail.google....mail&answer=6594

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wow, thanks... that's *really* weird! You can *still* TAB out of the editing window and hit enter to send the email, even though there's no more visible send button there after the redesign!  :D

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Pressing Tab will highlight the Send button above the editing window.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ah, didn't see that... interesting. :)