ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Point Motivator

Ways to use Point Motivator: goal for defined period

(1/4) > >>

wilsonch:
The basic idea for Point Motivator is to motivate the user by means of points. Duh. One can acquire points by doing certain things and one can then spend those points on rewards.

There are other ways one could use it, however. I'm going to post one now and then maybe I'll come back another day to post another way.

Goal for a defined time period: This uses only the side for earning points. It does not use the rewards purchasing side.

The user can set a goal of points to be earned during a set time period -- a day, a week, two weeks, a month, whatever. The user starts out by creating a blank log file, then keeps track of points earned during the period. At the end of the period the user compares the actual with the goal. This info could be kept in a simple spreadsheet.

One can then adjust the item definition file if one wishes, and then begin a new period. The old log file hangs around and can be reviewed. The new one starts out clean. My notion is that it is better to adjust the item definition file and the goal amount according to experience or according to changing priorities rather than to try to keep the item definition file constant so as to allow true comparisons between time periods. So if you know the annual apartment inspection is coming up and you need to do more cleaning, change the weights to encourage cleaning. And so on.

mouser:
Fun to hear you are finding a use for it!  :-*

Contro:
The points are not the only important thing to me.
My idea is an interactive check list.
But no need to check, only revise and count.
The point are a graphical result.
 :-*

mouser:
id be interested in someone doing a comprehensive web search for web tools that do this.. my inclination would be to remake a more general web-based tool next time.

Contro:
I supposed is the fashion. But I simply assumed is better a soft with the feets on the earth with possibilities to fly....
Now the fashion is the universal collaborative environment.
But a simple break or a war will leave everybody in the darkness.
It's important notice that Optimism was a shareware option some time ago.
Now the fashion is to be effective everywhere and don't rest in no place.
So
All the cloud is perfect beginning with an alternative web-based tool.
I see yesterday one of these cloud based applications with no-service just yesterday

Sometimes I think is a fashion to create software to create needs, instead of a software to solve needs.

:P         

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version