ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

two-monitors ergonomics

<< < (9/14) > >>

cranioscopical:
Congratulations, that's a nice layout!
The average air-traffic controller would probably feel quite at home  :)

nudone:
heheh. you've found me out - i just wanted to pretend that's the job i was doing all along. now i just need to mark out my runways on the carpet.

superboyac:
i notice you have a lot of icons on your desktop.  i'm in the camp that keeps my desktop completely free of icons.  i use LaunchbarCommander with large fonts and a sliding/hiding dock to keep track of any application i might want to launch, and FARR for others.  so i never have to minimize windows to view the desktop to launch anything..
-mouser (April 15, 2010, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
ditto for me.  No icons.  mouser also convinced me with his jedi mind tricks to get two 24" monitors.  It's like crack...I'll never go back.  The next thing I'm going to get is a dual mount monitor arm, which I need for my height.  They're giving me one at work, and I can't wait.  I have long arms, a normal torso, and long legs.  So my keyboard needs to be way low, and the monitor needs to be way high.

OldElmerFudd:
Four monitors? Do you guys ever go anywhere?  ;)
I was using DisplayFusion with a Lenovo laptop and a 22" LCD; still have it.
A few months ago, I gave my 22" NEC CRT a new home and replaced it with two 26" (1900x1200) monitors. Looking around, I discovered Ultramon. While DF is cheaper, I decided to try Ultramon and couldn't be happier with the results. I do a lot of graphic work - don't know how I survived without a setup like this before!

cranioscopical:
don't know how I survived without a setup like this before!-OldElmerFudd
--- End quote ---
It makes a lot of things easier. Plus, it's always more fun, while playing a game on one screen, to see and ignore clients' frantic attempts to attract attention on the other .

There's an interesting dichotomy: many users have ever-larger arrays of big screens while others work from screens about the size of a credit card.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version