ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Bulk Image Downloader 33% off until April 30

<< < (4/5) > >>

y0himba:
I have used this for over a year, and it is more than worth the price.  :Thmbsup:

Curt:
I am still using B.I.D every day. Unfortunately, Flickr has changed their setup (in order to protect against easy downloading, I think). One of the new but bad features on Flickr is, that the photographers now can "protect" their photos from being downloaded. This on a site that has the motto, "share your photos"!!

When I come across such a page but want the photo anyway, I go to the neighbouring photo, and right-click > "Open in B.I.D." , and B.I.D. will find the largest version available, all correctly pre-named (together with the four neighbouring photos). Of course, B.I.D can also find the picture when B.I.D is being loaded from the original photo's page, but then the photo will not be pre-named properly.

I think this feature is quite smart, considering that the purpose of Flickr's new setup apparently is not to share your photos!

---
Edited:
haha, I forgot what I came to tell:  :-[
The "$20 today only, normal price $30" has been there for so long that I feel safe to say the normal price now really is $20.

http://bulkimagedownloader.com/

J-Mac:
People DO share their photos on Flickr. Sharing doesn’t necessarily mean offering them for download though. I think that a lot of folks have many or most of their photos freely available for viewing and downloading; but nearly everyone has some that they would prefer to not be downloaded.

Of course that last comment refers to idiots who don’t realize that ANY photo that they upload and display there is exposed to downloading by anyone else who isn't an idiot!!   :P

I would hope that anyone who wants their photos to be online but out of view of the general browsing public wouldn’t put them on a site like Flickr. There are some sites that allow you to hide your photos pretty good out there.  :)

Jim

J-Mac:
BTW, more on topic - I find that I don’t use BID nearly as much as I had hoped when I purchased it earlier this year. I have had only about a 50% success rate in downloading photo galleries that I wanted.   :(  I expected that when I came across a site that had a number of thumbnails that required clicking to see each full-size photo that BID could grab all the full-size pics, but unfortunately it hasn’t been able to get many of them.

Thank you.

Jim

Curt:
-from http://bulkimagedownloader.com/bid-user%27s-guide/bid-user-guide/7.-bid-advanced-configuration/

Note that some web sites go to extreme lengths to block the use of automated image downloaders such as BID. Because of this it may not always be possible to configure BID to download from such sites. However, if you come across such a problem site please contact us and send us the details. If there's enough demand we can investigate supporting the site as a “special case” in a future release of BID.
--- End quote ---

Include List

If BID finds no images when scanning a web gallery page, you can force it to detect the images by adding regular expressions that match the full sized image links.

Suppose all the full sized image links look like this:
http://trickywebsite.com/pics/largesize/<random nunber>/

To force BID to detect these as valid full sized image links you would add the following regular expression to the “Include list”:
<trickywebsite.com/pics/largesize/>

This would match any link that contains “trickywebsite.com/pics/largesize”.

Some full sized image pages only display “medium sized” images and have links to pages containing larger or original sized images. To force BID to follow such links add a regular expression matching this link to the include list prefixed with an asterisk (*). This also works for cases where BID does not find the the correct full sized image on the page.

For example, suppose our “full page” link contains a link to the original sized image that looks like:
http://example.com/images/fullsized/(imagename).jpg

We would add the following line to the include list:
*<example.com/images/fullsized/>

Some web sites use non standard methods to generate thumbnails. To help find these thumbnails on a web page add a matching regular expressions prefixed by 2 asterisks (**). For example:
**<thumbnailgenerator.php?id=>

--- End quote ---

1. When logging into the web site from your browser, always enable the "remember me" (or equivalent) option. This causes the login information to be written to a cookie.

2. Always launch BID from your browser's right click context menu (right click inside the web page to access it). This allows BID to receive the current cookie information directly from the browser.

3) For best results with such sites we recommend FireFox 3.5 or better with the BID FireFox extension installed. The reason for recommending FireFox is that when combined with the BID FireFox extension, it's possible for BID to load all current cookie information. Depending on the way a web site is set up, other browsers may not make all of the relevant cookie information available, causing BID to fail to download correctly.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version