ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Bulk Image Downloader 33% off until April 30

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
at Flickr's it will even differ between "Large" and "Original" sized pictures!  :up:

J-Mac:
Cool! I never knew about this! I knew of BID but I didn't know it could do that or I would have had it long before this.

Thanks!

Jim

cthorpe:
Can you give a few examples of where/how you are using this program?

J-Mac:
-cthorpe (April 27, 2010, 10:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can tell you where I would have loved to use it: a cousin posted a gallery of some very old photos of his parents - a favorite aunt and uncle of mine - and as I am the anointed family historian I collect photos of close and extended family members and add it to my voluminous family tree. I believe that it took all of his tech skills just to scan them and get them up on Facebook; I had wanted him to post all somewhere I could download them and this was all he could do. However I had to click on a total of upwards of 350 thumbnails to download them. I tried Snagit but it can only grab the thumbnails - not the full size images they link to.

One example, anyway.   :)

Thanks!

Jim

Curt:
-cthorpe (April 27, 2010, 10:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you ever go to Flickr's you'll know that it is really boring to click your way to the large "original" version of each photo, and then to click your way back again before you can click your (new) way to download the next photo. Instead, go to the relevant Photostream or "Set" or "Collection", right-click the page, chose "Open page in B.I.D.", wait a few seconds, but not more than that, click the blue "down" arrow, sit back and watch the largest version only of each photo being mass-downloaded. It saves bunches of time and clicks!

Edited:
Oh, I forgot another totally important feature. If you go yourself and download photos from Flickr's, they will be named like "4462087835_dbcfe775b5_o.jpg". But with BID they will all be auto-named with their proper "photo title" by "photographer's name" names! 

as seen in Explorer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version