ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

SideWinder for Windows...

<< < (2/2)

Darwin:
So, Curt, four months on, how do you like Sidewinder? From the screenshots on the site you linked to, I'm not sure it's my cup of tea (at least WRT the GUI).

Inquiring minds want to know!

Curt:
-it's quite good.

But I don't use it. Why? Because  of the GUI !  ;D
it reminds of the neighbour's kid: "hey, mom, look at me!"

But of course, only when visible. It does auto-hide.

Darwin:
Thanks, Curt. I guess I'll pass. I'm like a jay (type of bird) - constantly attracted by shiny new things. I"m down to 160 apps installed and am fighting to keep it that way. I just re-installed and then un-installed a few apps that I have licenses for... e.g. Direct Folders. I have a lifetime license but at the end of the day, under Windows 7 and given my work habits, I simply don't need it. Ditto CopyWhiz...

Curt:
-hmm... Darwin, you really have changed!   :P

This little question of yours, how do I like SideWinder, made me of course download and re-install the thing right away. And it is as I said, really quite good, but too loud. However, there are 7 themes, and if I had a brand new computer with almost nothing yet installed, like you, I would consider SideWinder, in order to save on the final number of installed applications... It can do a lot.  8)

Thanks for reminding me that I don't use CopyWhiz. I am removing it now, thus making me reach down to 333. Heck, even 332, in a couple of minutes, when I have re-removed SideWinder!

Curt:
I should point out that Revo didn't find any leftovers at all, after SideWinder.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version