topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:57 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SideWinder for Windows...  (Read 5568 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SideWinder for Windows...
« on: July 21, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Tech I Share has a really fine review on SideWinder Every Day Launcher Companion. Actually the review is so fine, it wouldn't make much sense if I tried to do a review, here! I see SideWinder as a competitor to programs like, say, Launchbar and RecentX and some three more programs, at the same time! The first ten to fulfil the obligations (after more than 3 hours, I am still the only participant) will get a "Personnal" lifetime license for free, normal price $30. Pro version at $60 includes 10 keys.

Some SideWinder Features:

* Launch Applications, Games, favorite Websites, Files and Documents

* Group and arrange your favorite music files according to their Albums, Genre, Author, etc. and play them at your will.

* View the Tag information of your MP3 and WMA music files while playing them.

* Put your entire video collection and even links to your favorite videos from sites like YouTube at one location and play them whenever you like.

* Select and organize your Pictures according to their Albums and keep them neatly in a single Category or multiple Categories and show them to your Friends one by one.

* Open Folders from your computer or other Network Locations instantly by placing them in SideWinder.

* Get immediate access to Internal & External Hard Drives, USB Pen Drives, Camera Folders and other Removable Media whenever they’re available on your PC.

* Automate windows Shutdown, Restart and other process processes with the built-in Timer.

* Fill entire Web Forms at once using SideWinder’s Text-Snippet feature.

Sidewinder is highly configurable and increases productivity by saving countless keystrokes. With this solid application launcher at your side, you’ll find easily your way to fast open applications and more.
-techishare

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 05:58 PM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SideWinder giveaway
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 11:43 AM »
I have been studying the requests for a free license, and I can say there are still free lifetime licenses to get because so many have not given the proper info!

To enter the giveaway :

1. Comment below, why you need SideWinder personal license.
   2. Share it with your friends (through social bookmarking/networking) and include that link in your comment.
   3. Subscribe to Tech I Share, so that you won’t miss the next giveaway.

http://www.techishar...-launcher-companion/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:46 AM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SideWinder for Windows...
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:58 AM »
SideWinder and Tech I Share will be launching a joint promotional campaign tomorrow. 25 participants will be given Sidewinder Personal licenses. Stay tuned for more information!

-"tomorrow" is Sunday

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 02:18 AM »
i should thank you first curt, i've actually won a license when you posted first time, indeed the 25 licensee promo is up and running, rules changed slightly but should not take very long to fulfill, good chances for anyone interested  :)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 01:32 PM »
We are sharing the news about SideWinder with others and we also want you to participate in this campaign. In addition to that, 25 lucky participants will be given $19.95 worth SideWinder personal lifetime licenses! (including A Free Gift Pack of over 150 Crystal Icons and full Free Updates for Lifetime)

I think our main intention is clear to you by now, still obscure? Share the news about good products (like SideWinder). Now it’s clear I think. But the main problem comes here. Sharing about good products is OK, but how to share is a big problem? One can tweet, share it on facebook, forum or on social bookmarking sites. But, is that sharing effective? For example, consider yourself only, if you want a software, will you search it on facebook or Download.com? Definitely on Download.com, right. So, sharing on software portals will be effective than tweeting.

Based on these kind of observations we framed these 3 simple rules :

1. Download the SideWinder from any one of the sites below
          * Download.com (Recommended) :
            http://download.cnet...2344_4-75115544.html
          * Softpedia.com :
            http://www.softpedia...WiJ-SideWinder.shtml
          * Freedownloadscenter.com :
            http://www.freedownl..._Quick_Launcher.html
   2. Submit a user rating to all the three sites.
   3. Submit a fairly sized and professional review (could be a paragraph or more) to all three sites.

Once you fulfill the above rules, email to “supportATswij.com” (replace AT with @) mentioning your Username/Nickname (of all the above three sites) and Full Name and the same email address that you used to write reviews in above mentioned websites, with subject as SideWinder – TechiShare Promotion – August 2010.

Reviews has to be submitted on or before August 31st and winners will be declared in September.
-techishare

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 10:12 AM »
So, Curt, four months on, how do you like Sidewinder? From the screenshots on the site you linked to, I'm not sure it's my cup of tea (at least WRT the GUI).

Inquiring minds want to know!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 11:06 AM »
-it's quite good.

But I don't use it. Why? Because  of the GUI !  ;D
it reminds of the neighbour's kid: "hey, mom, look at me!"

But of course, only when visible. It does auto-hide.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Thanks, Curt. I guess I'll pass. I'm like a jay (type of bird) - constantly attracted by shiny new things. I"m down to 160 apps installed and am fighting to keep it that way. I just re-installed and then un-installed a few apps that I have licenses for... e.g. Direct Folders. I have a lifetime license but at the end of the day, under Windows 7 and given my work habits, I simply don't need it. Ditto CopyWhiz...

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 12:59 PM »
-hmm... Darwin, you really have changed!   :P

This little question of yours, how do I like SideWinder, made me of course download and re-install the thing right away. And it is as I said, really quite good, but too loud. However, there are 7 themes, and if I had a brand new computer with almost nothing yet installed, like you, I would consider SideWinder, in order to save on the final number of installed applications... It can do a lot.  8)

Thanks for reminding me that I don't use CopyWhiz. I am removing it now, thus making me reach down to 333. Heck, even 332, in a couple of minutes, when I have re-removed SideWinder!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 01:19 PM »
I should point out that Revo didn't find any leftovers at all, after SideWinder.  :up: