topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Start Menu 7 Pro giveaway  (Read 3080 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Start Menu 7 Pro giveaway
« on: April 20, 2010, 04:53 AM »
The brand new Start Menu 7 Pro is being given away for free today by Denys Nazarenko @ http://www.giveawayo...om/start-menu-7-pro/

If you don't know about Denys and his excellent start menu alternatives, this is a fine & free way to do so.
However, if you, like me, already have a license for Vista Start Menu Pro:

This post from the developer of today's Giveaway might be helpful if you are already running Vista Start Menu Pro.

Hi,

Programs the same. Please continue use VSM since if you switch to Start Menu 7 your lost all settings since registry path and file path is diffident in both program.

So exists only 2 reason to switch to Start Menu 7
    You don’t like name – Vista Start Menu
    AND
    You has new clear system without VSM

The Start Menu 7 clone was created to attract more people since the word 'Vista' not so popular as before. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment by BuBBy — April 20th, 2010 at 3:33 am
-#2 comment, by BuBBy

The point is that Vista Start Menu Pro is quite fine, and if Start Menu 7 Pro really is the same program with just another name, then today is a very good chance to get a fine program.  :up:

http://www.giveawayo...om/start-menu-7-pro/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:55 AM by Curt »

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Start Menu 7 Pro giveaway
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:17 AM »
I haven't tried Start Menu 7, but I've been using Vista Start Menu Pro for several years and like it a lot.  I found it much more configurable than Windows XP's built-in start menu, and I've also found the developer very responsive.  As I have it (VSM) set up now, new programs that I add are automatically put in alphabetical order, so I can find them very easily.   As I say, I haven't tried Start Menu 7, but if it's like VSM, I would recommend it highly.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Start Menu 7 Pro giveaway
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:49 AM »