ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: logout when monitor turns on

(1/3) > >>

agentsteal:
Hi,
Could someone make a program that will log out of Windows XP when my monitor is turned on? When I press the button to turn on my monitor, I want the computer to immediately log out before displaying anything.

Thanks!

SingingBoyo:
I may be wrong, but if I understand you right, then there's no way to do this.  XP logs out after screensavers by default, but I don't think you can tell whether the monitor has been turned on or off.

Stoic Joker:
(Forcing a logoff) Sounds like a great way to lose data - Why not just use Win + L to lock the session when leaving the computer?

skwire:
Could someone make a program that will log out of Windows XP when my monitor is turned on? When I press the button to turn on my monitor, I want the computer to immediately log out before displaying anything.-agentsteal (April 10, 2010, 12:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with SingingBoyo.  I don't think there is a way, programatically, to know when the user physically turns on a monitor.

ewemoa:
When I looked into this a bit, I got the sense it's doable in Vista and later.  Is that what other folks found too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version