Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 07:52:28 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: TyperA - test your typing skills  (Read 13738 times)
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

To make a difference, be different.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 30, 2006, 06:19:45 AM »

http://typera.tk/

Your score: 341 keys per minute ~ 68 words per minute
Language/mode: de
Ranking: That was fast - you can still improve, though.
Comparison: 23% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 77% have a lower or equal result.

How fast are you? Just paste the results in here like I did.

Thank you.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 06:31:53 AM »

cool site!

Damn you are fast brotherS.  my best score after 3 tries: 289.
38% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 62% have a lower or equal result.
allen
Charter Member

Powered by Beard

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 07:17:50 AM »

Your score: 425 keys per minute ~ 85 words per minute
Language/mode: en
Comparison: 11% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 89% have a lower or equal result.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 07:22:47 AM by allen » Logged
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »

It is so bad to do it in portuguese... Lost of words don't get typed the right way (java's fault) anyways, my results:
Your score: 227 keys per minute ~ 45 words per minute
Language/mode: po
Ranking: Not bad!
Comparison: 43% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 57% have a lower or equal result.
Allen and brotherS: how can you type so fast? You must have a special keyboard, right? Or your keyboard only lasts for one month? Wink

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 09:16:02 AM »

hrm, seems pretty fscked up... appearantly I missed one word at the start, and what I thought was highlighting of the current word to type was indicating I was typing wrong - doh. I was pretty fast tho tongue

- carpe noctem
allen
Charter Member

Powered by Beard

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 09:16:55 AM »

I've just got a plain jane keyboard that came with cheap emachines computer Wink I've been coding web pages/scripts for a few years though. (What's your excuse, mouser? smiley

Actually I've slowed down a good bit over the last few years.
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 09:21:11 AM »

There, redid the test: 439 keys per minute ~ 87 words per minute. 14 mistakes, though Sad
9% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 91% have a lower or equal result.

- carpe noctem
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 09:37:33 AM »

my excuse: i'm off my caffeine this week.

ps. damned you all  Angry
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 09:37:39 AM »

Allen and brotherS: how can you type so fast? You must have a special keyboard, right? Or your keyboard only lasts for one month? Wink
Hehe... no, just a 'natural' keyboard - that's in use for more than a year already now and still looks pretty good...
Wink

I just tried the test again:

Your score: 360 keys per minute ~ 72 words per minute
Comparison: 17% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 83% have a lower or equal result.

Thank you.
AbteriX
Charter Honorary Member

Member #520

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 10:49:56 AM »

Hmm  Sad

Your score: system error: divided by null.
Sorry but our system can't manage your backwardnesses speed. Please try to type a little bit faster. Do you want to try again?

Greetings, Stefan.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 10:51:38 AM »

hehehehehee
AbteriX
Charter Honorary Member

Member #520

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 11:03:05 AM »

Allright, here is the hole trueness:

Your score: 166 keys per minute ~ 33 words per minute
Comparison: 83% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 17% have a lower or equal result.

double  Sad

Greetings, Stefan.
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 03:24:28 PM »

Your score: 193 keys per minute ~ 38 words per minute
Language/mode: classic-en
Comparison: 67% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 33% have a lower or equal result.

Ah... but,

Mistakes:
(LOTS of backspaces)

I have a neurosis that prevents me from allowing mis... mis-sp... misspelling
Seriously, for some weird reason, typos stick out like sore thumbs to me and my worst habit is to "Preview" my forum posts until my eyes go all sandy...

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 03:33:52 PM »

well, i thought i was a fast typer as i do touch-typing - my score isn't even worth repeating here as it is so low. a shall return after i've worn my fingers down to stubs - maybe.
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 03:42:40 PM »

I have a fairly fast typing speed, but it has the disadvantage of bringing a number of typos with it. If I could slow down a bit, my net result would be a higher wpm I think...

- carpe noctem
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 07:52:29 PM »

i agree with Edvard, i think this typing test is anti-corrector biased.  all you who are scoring higher than me are obviously making a trillion mistakes that you are able to ignore and not correct, wyle my typingg is alwayz correketed to prefection and thatts why im' being peanilized.
Rover
Master of Smilies
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 11:13:16 PM »

Your score: 214 keys per minute ~ 42 words per minute
Comparison: 62% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 38% have a lower or equal result.

So I stink at typing random words.  I tend to get ahead of the system.  If I know what I will be typing I can think ahead a word or two and increase my overall speed.  Plus, yes, I like to correct my mistakes.

I never was really good in typing class  Grin

Insert Brilliant Sig line here
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 11:41:16 PM »

you know this is a great point that hadn't ocured to me.
this test may be as much a test of READING fast and connecting reading to writing as a test of typing.
the rest of us are faster at typing their own thoughts, you guys are just freaks of nature.
yeah thats my story and im sticking to it.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 03:14:15 AM »

Any more DC members willing to share their typing speed with us? smiley

Thank you.
Eóin
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 11:29:11 AM »

Your score: 162 keys per minute ~ 32 words per minute
Comparison: 77% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 23% have a lower or equal result.

I can't touch type so I was damed from the start. Luckly in programming I think more slowly than I type so it doesn't handicap me.

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
noth(a)nk.you
Charter Member

More than meets the eye.

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 11:37:41 AM »

Hey, that's not too shabby:
Quote from: TyperA
Your score: 260 keys per minute ~ 52 words per minute
Ranking: You've got potential.
Comparison: 47% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 53% have a lower or equal result.
taichimaster
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 02:23:11 PM »

Using Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000

Your score: 467 keys per minute ~ 93 words per minute
Ranking: Very fast.
Comparison: 6% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 94% have a lower or equal result.

Using IBM Thinkpad T42's keyboard

Your score: 451 keys per minute ~ 90 words per minute
Ranking: Very fast.
Comparison: 8% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 92% have a lower or equal result.

I rule!!! smiley

* Screenshot - 4_8_2006 , 12_20_40 PM.png (39.7 KB, 942x259 - viewed 344 times.)

* Screenshot - 4_8_2006 , 12_18_25 PM.png (41.56 KB, 1019x265 - viewed 372 times.)

moerl
Charter Member

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 02:33:20 PM »

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA -- on my laptop!

* 2006.04.08--15.30.05_REGION.png (13.04 KB, 651x446 - viewed 381 times.)
moerl
Charter Member

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 02:42:26 PM »

Just thought I'd update the thread with another shy highscore. Tried to beat myself cheesy

* 2006.04.08--15.41.03_REGION.png (28.99 KB, 1223x436 - viewed 336 times.)
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2006, 02:53:01 PM »

must say i'm amazed at these high speeds people are getting. perhaps yet another example of how we tend to believe we are above the average in most things - well, i certainly have to accept my typing is certainly below the average around here. i thought 50 was fast before i saw this thread.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.048s | Server load: 0 ]