ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Leveraging what Google has to offer

(1/3) > >>

40hz:
Just ran into two useful articles about tools and info sources that are available from the giant that is Google.

The first is a Maximum PC article written by Gina Trapani that gives a very good overview of Google Apps worth being aware of.

Link:   www.maximumpc.com/article/features/power_users_guide_google   

The second is an Hongkiat.com article entitled: 31 Useful Google Blogs To Keep Yourself Up To Date.

Link:  http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/31-useful-google-blogs-to-keep-yourself-up-to-date/

Without a doubt Google is one of the largest company in the technology industry and the largest influencer on the Internet. We use Google product and services on daily basis, and some us are depend on it so much that if any of the services are down, we become helpless, resulting things to be put on halt.

Using Google services and following the news & updates are equally important. Almost every Google services (excluding the ones in Google lab) have a blog and that’s where the staffs update us on latest development, maintenance, future enhancement and a whole lot more. Sure, some of us might argue that we can get updates from newsletter, but keep in mind newsletters aren’t frequent and if you compare to what you can get in the blog, newsletters merely summaries.

In this article, we sum up a list of Google products’ blogs we generally used and we categorize them by different professions so you can get an overall view what you are likely interested. We’ve also added the hyperlinks to both the blog and RSS feeds so you can subscribe at ease. Hope you’ll find it useful.
--- End quote ---

If you use or are are thinking about using Google services, this article merits a careful read.

8)

superboyac:
40hz...nice!  I'm only 10% through those articles and I've already learned a lot!

cyberdiva:
The Living Room is beginning to feel a bit schizophrenic. I just finished reading this thread here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=22379.msg201232

superboyac:
The Living Room is beginning to feel a bit schizophrenic. I just finished reading this thread here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=22379.msg201232
-cyberdiva (April 10, 2010, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ha!  Well, the truth is rarely black or white.  Usually, it's in the gray area.  I heard a great quote by Stephen Fry in one of his documentaries where he says it's a very American thing to greatly desire explanations to be black and white.  I believe it was during a conversation with a Harvard professor.

kartal:
-cyberdiva (April 10, 2010, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is very uneducated use of the word "schizophrenic".  I do not remember people on that thread having halucinations or denying real events or their surroundings

Also you can always enlighten people with your real insight to Google.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version