Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 28, 2014, 02:39:15 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: GUI for XXCopy  (Read 4257 times)
TT1
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 08, 2010, 03:32:39 PM »

Perhaps a big request...

XXCopy is one of the most flexible, powerful copy/backup programs around.  Problem is, it's all Command Line driven.  Is there any way to create a GUI for it?  Perhaps a GUI for the 'free' version would be a good start .. that one only has a mere 200+ command line switches. ;>)

http://www.xxcopy.com/xcpymain.htm

Is there any interest in this, or should this be posted at a board for 'larger projects?

Thanks .. TT1.
MilesAhead

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »

See this thread for a Gui made using an .hta script:

http://www.sevenforums.co...ws-7-a-93.html#post656362

The Gui is for standard XCopy but it could serve as a template for what you want.
It has nice mouse over help that you could edit for xxcopy.  I don't remember using xxcopy.  Like you say, I've looked at it on their site but a zillion switches and I revert to RichCopy. smiley

"It's only called research if you didn't find it the first time."
-- MilesAhead
rjbull
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »

Why make a GUI for XXCopy, when you could use the free version of SyncBack ?  I mean, surely the point of XXCopy is that it's command-line, for automating routine tasks without using a GUI?
MilesAhead

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:30:53 PM »

The XCopy Gui just produces a command line.  It's a crutch until you learn the command line stuff, or if you just aren't going to create that many command lines.  Use it to figure out the command lines, then make your batch files.

Learning the command line switches is faster of course if you use it all the time.  I use stuff like FitCD because I don't write enough AviSynth scripts to remember the stuff.

"It's only called research if you didn't find it the first time."
-- MilesAhead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.023s | Server load: 0.35 ]