ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video Editing software - Any recommendations?

<< < (10/15) > >>

Jibz:
I would like to thank the people who recommended Vegas here :Thmbsup:.

We recently got a HD video camera, and I was looking for a decent editor for our family videos. Naturally I turned to DCC, and based on the comments here I got Vegas (from Amazon, which was about half the price of any shop in DK), and it has been a pleasure to work with so far.

tslim:
For Video editing, I would recommand:
a) TMepgEnc Video Mastering 5
b) AVS video editor

a) Pros: You may choose to edit in frame base mode or time-line mode, supports MKV format, intuitive and user-friendly user interface.
Cons: No support for mp3 audio, rather expansive

b) Pros: Is sold in 2 ways, you may buy AVS video editor with a limited period free upgrade. Another way (in the other website of AVS), you may even choose to subscribe for all their video utilities (you pay a relatively higher price once) and enjoy using them (and any future upgrade vers all free) for a lifetime.

Cons: Lifetime subscription is based on your PC hardware configuration. Changing or upgrading your PC, you risk losing the lifetime subscription license and AVS has no clear specification on how they determine your are no more using the same PC.

Just in case you may be interested too, for Video repairing tool, my latest finding is:
The greatest video repair tool up to date = KMPlayer + Fraps.

1) If there is this little chance a (partially corrupted) video can still be played, KMplayer will play it.
2) If a video is being played, Fraps is able to capture with very high quality (as close as how it is played) in AVI format.
Combining 1) and 2), if a video can't be recovered by them, no one else can.

superboyac:
For Video editing, I would recommand:
a) TMepgEnc Video Mastering 5
b) AVS video editor

a) Pros: You may choose to edit in frame base mode or time-line mode, supports MKV format, intuitive and user-friendly user interface.
Cons: No support for mp3 audio, rather expansive

b) Pros: Is sold in 2 ways, you may buy AVS video editor with a limited period free upgrade. Another way (in the other website of AVS), you may even choose to subscribe for all their video utilities (you pay a relatively higher price once) and enjoy using them (and any future upgrade vers all free) for a lifetime.

Cons: Lifetime subscription is based on your PC hardware configuration. Changing or upgrading your PC, you risk losing the lifetime subscription license and AVS has no clear specification on how they determine your are no more using the same PC.

Just in case you may be interested too, for Video repairing tool, my latest finding is:

1) If there is this little chance a (partially corrupted) video can still be played, KMplayer will play it.
2) If a video is being played, Fraps is able to capture with very high quality (as close as how it is played) in AVI format.
Combining 1) and 2), if a video can't be recovered by them, no one else can.
-tslim (June 13, 2012, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for these recommendations!  I just recently tried out a whole bunch of video editors and was so frustrated with all of them for one reason: input formats.  None of them can deal with the end-delivery formats very well (avi, mp4)...they all want direct camera feeds or weird uncompressed formats.  But I want a video editor that can EASILY handle all the formats that we download, or convert, or compress, etc.  Looks like avs and tmpg can do that, I'll give it a shot this weekend.

nudone:
-tslim (June 13, 2012, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is this better than using KMPlayer's built-in video capture? It's probably a couple of years since I used this method and can't remember too well how it worked. I think it must have been okay, otherwise I wouldn't have used it.

robinsiebler:
I use Pinnacle Studio and I am quite happy with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version